Tyreseal

Tyres, exhausts, suspension, strut braces, air filters, brake pads/rotors and anything else for 'dawn raiders'.
freelandm

M roadster S50

Tyreseal

Post by freelandm »

Hi

I was wondering if anyone has had there car done .. Reason i am asking is that on my way back after it had been treated the car has bad steering wobble..

Just wondering if this is normal untill the product disperses around the tyre

Regards
Matt

Sealing

Post by Guest »

Yes - absolutelt normal. The initial wobble goes quite quickly, but sometimes retuns in a very slight form if the car has been standing overnight, when it goes in the first mile or so.

It's a nuisance, but better than asking your beloved to carry a dead wheel on her lap, as it will not fit into the boot!
freelandm

M roadster S50

Post by freelandm »

Thanks Mike

I was worried that i had ruined the car.. The installer didn't point this "wobble" problem out. I just remember reading something about the product would highlight any underlying problems after treatment..

Anyway i am glad i had it done i paid 50 sheets for the MR doing which i thought at that price i would give it a go..

Regards Matt

Make?

Post by Guest »

What make of tyre sealant did you use? there has been a bit of a propaganda war between Ultraseal UK and the american Ultraseal company, resulting in the UK product now being based on a Du Pont product.

The only problem area is the use of too much heavy duty sealant in 40-series tyres. The current blue stuff seems Ok though. Have a look at my iton Ultraseal in the Z3 Knowledgebase.
ZZZEMMCO
Z Register organiser

M coupe S50

Uk Ultraseal

Post by ZZZEMMCO »

Seconded --at that price was it an Ultraseal installer? The earlier product seemed to give a steering wobble if the car wasnt used on a regular basis, but soon wore off.The newer product seems to be ok when the car is left for a week or so.
safetyfast

Wobble

Post by Guest »

The newer (blue coloured) sealant is, I think, the Du Pont formula, and is a lot thinner, so it spreads around the tyre a lot quicker than the old sealant.
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

The 'Ultraseal' ?? I've used over the past few years has been Blue
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
PERRIN Z3M

M roadster S50

Post by PERRIN Z3M »

Where can i get this from?
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Use Google or Ebay :wink:
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
freelandm

M roadster S50

Post by freelandm »

Look here www.tyreseal.co.uk

They used to use ultraseal but found the after sales support somewhat lacking.

I will let you guys know how i get on with the product.[/url]
namatjira
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by namatjira »

I have had Ultraseal in my tyres for a year now. The vibration is more pronounced in low profile tyres but if you keep your speed under 50 mph until the tyres have warmed which is about the same distance until the Oil temp reaches 60 degrees, then it is not an issue. You can go faster than that but be aware that until it has dispersed around the tyre from where it has slumped then some vibration is inevitable.
Now with both the 411 bhp Supercharged Z3MR and a WRX STi Wagon getting a 3.4 litre transplant and an XKR with mods planned.

Fast is good, faster is better. Wheeeeee !!!

Drama

Post by Guest »

If you want a dramatic example of what Ultraseal can do - my daughter had a Stanley trimming knife blade pushed through a tyre of her Golf GTI, and it still got her home!

I know a lot of people claim that thay want to know when they have a puncture, but I can do without a flat tyre in the wrong circumstances - Utraseal is not a licence to neglect your tyres, whihc still should have their pressures checked regularly and the odd nail etc removed.
dario

blank.gif

Post by dario »

i was never satisfied with my installation of Ultraseal.
the theory of the product is unquestionable. in practice however i never got rid of the wobble. and it is much more pronounced after you give teh car the berries or brake hard.

i liked the idea, but it didn't work for me so i had it all removed.
freelandm

M roadster S50

Post by freelandm »

I have now put about 500 miles on he car with the Tyreseal installed and at motorway cruising speeds upto 80 mph the front end feels rather vague and wobbly.

wondering if it is the tyreseal or the bushes or perhaps the wheels need balancing.

It is bad enough to make the missus question what is wrong because you can feel it in the passenger seat and i can not remember this been the case when it didn't have Tyreseal installed.

:?
namatjira
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by namatjira »

freelandm wrote:I have now put about 500 miles on he car with the Tyreseal installed and at motorway cruising speeds upto 80 mph the front end feels rather vague and wobbly.

wondering if it is the tyreseal or the bushes or perhaps the wheels need balancing.

It is bad enough to make the missus question what is wrong because you can feel it in the passenger seat and i can not remember this been the case when it didn't have Tyreseal installed.

:?
It sounds like you may have had too much installed in one or more wheels. With Ultraseal (which is similar in usage) it takes about 3 miles for the tyres to reach normal operating temperature and for the compound to be evenly distributed at which point it should be okay for more than 50 mph and giving it some welly.

However if you have too much installed there will always be a gob of the stuff inside the tyre that will move around when you dont want it to.

When mine was done, the importers too my wheel and tyre sizes and then told the installer (my local tyre bloke) exactly how much in the front and in the rear. Result, I am more than happy.

It is also worth noting that if you have any of these gel based tyre sealers installed, then when balancing the wheel you need to allow it to spin and settle for much longer than you would otherwise. If not the effect is to set the wheel weight positions when the gel has not found a stable position and so when it does the wheel will be out of balance.

Good luck
Now with both the 411 bhp Supercharged Z3MR and a WRX STi Wagon getting a 3.4 litre transplant and an XKR with mods planned.

freelandm

M roadster S50

Post by freelandm »

Thanks for the reply

That was going to be my next question on wether it would be possible too balance the wheels when the tyres have been treated so thanks for that.

I think they have put the correct quatity in but watching the guys it did not seem to be accurately measured.
namatjira
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by namatjira »

freelandm wrote:Thanks for the reply

That was going to be my next question on wether it would be possible too balance the wheels when the tyres have been treated so thanks for that.

I think they have put the correct quatity in but watching the guys it did not seem to be accurately measured.
Mine was available in different size containers so that I could order the right combination to make the correct measure for each tyre.

As for balancing the wheels, make sure that all traces of vibration have leveled out as much as possible (could be about 2.5 to 3 thousand rotations)

Good luck.

ZZZEMMCO
Z Register organiser

M coupe S50

UltraSeal-Blue

Post by ZZZEMMCO »

The reccomendation by USeal is for only 40 profile tyres and up--

The official USeal installer has an upright container with the seal in it, lift up handle--to a marked scale/Ratio on the side--and pump.Correct for that tyre size.

Check your pressures---Weekly.

DONT leave home without it!!---unless You love aggro!
safetyfast