Performance Ignition Coils for BMWs

Tyres, exhausts, suspension, strut braces, air filters, brake pads/rotors and anything else for 'dawn raiders'.
'MC' MarkC

M coupe S50

Performance Ignition Coils for BMWs

Post by 'MC' MarkC »

Check this link;
http://65.54.244.250/cgi-bin/linkrd?_la ... a35qY4c%2f

The dyno chart shows a 5bhp gain (looks like thats for a 3ltr engine). I bought a new set of standard coils for my M3, they were about £250 (I think, might have been more), so these look like reasonable value, especially if you need to replace them anyway.
You always have to replace them as a set, or risk blowing your ECU :shock:.

PS. This company is completely bona-fide and do lots of mid-to-high-end kit. Although I've not yet bought anything from them myself, they were helpful when I made some enquiries. Been checking on them regularly for a couple of years.
ACS susp., exhaust, wheels, short-shift +decat (Supersprint)+CF intake with K&N, remapped ECU, Strong-strutt. Piranha carbon-metallic clutch, EBC Grooved & Dimpled+Redstuff Ceramics. ACS pedals, gearknob & handbrake, stick-on plates.
BlackMZ3

blank.gif

Post by BlackMZ3 »

On my supercharged M Roadster I have special coils. But I see no reason on a naturally aspirated M Power engine to use performance coils. We use the performance coils because the air fuel mixture gets denser with the supercharger and the standard coils have difficulty in igniting this denser mixture. On a naturally aspirated M power coils are not a useful idea.