Brembo discs

Tyres, exhausts, suspension, strut braces, air filters, brake pads/rotors and anything else for 'dawn raiders'.
simiewimie

Z3 roadster 1.8 TU

Brembo discs

Post by simiewimie »

Hi,

Just looking to purchase new discs and pads for my Z.
Was going to get Pagid all round, from Euro Car Parts... then I found Brembo on Amazon.
I always thought Brembo were half decent, but are about £20+ cheaper just for the front discs.
Linky here: http://amzn.to/q7T8FD

Are they any good, or should I stick with Pagid from ECP?

Thanks.
jayson f

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by jayson f »

Brembo are very good, they are one of the leaders in performance brake parts. Large car companys like porsche and ferrari use Brembo brake discs and calipers you cant go far wrong with these.
Beemer Man

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Beemer Man »

I agree with jayson f's comments. I have Brembo discs on the front of my E60 (purchased from German and Swedish) and have absolutely no complaints. They seem just as effective as the BMW OEM discs they replaced.

I have new Mintex discs and pads all round on the 2.8 Z3, at 2/3rds the cost of Pagid, etc., and so far so good..................
Trevsky

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Trevsky »

Just checked and found Pagid @ £27.54 and Eicher @ £17.94 both at Euro Car Parts. The Brembo one were £38.43. These are for 1 disc but would always fit in pairs of course.
Makes the Eicher ones look particularly cheap! Are they any good?
Beemer Man

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Beemer Man »

I paid £53.00 GBP for a pair of Mintex front discs/pads and £67.00 GBP for the rears, with free delivery.
simiewimie

Z3 roadster 1.8 TU

Post by simiewimie »

Thanks for the replies.
I found the Mintex discs and pads for £51.25 (ex vat). So having read some previous glowing reports about them in the forums I think I'll go for them.
Is there any point/advantage in doing the rear discs and pads whilst I'm getting dirty with the car?
I just had it serviced and only the front discs and pads came with an advisory note.

Thanks.
msassoon

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by msassoon »

I just installed Brembo Max disks with ATE pads and am very impressed. They are just like stock disks, but with some grooves, so are a step between performance disks and stock.
simiewimie

Z3 roadster 1.8 TU

Post by simiewimie »

Do you know if the Brembo Max are a straight on the 1.9? Or do they require a calliper upgrade?

Thanks.
msassoon

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by msassoon »

The max disks are a direct upgrade. They are basically the OEM replacement disks you have mentioned with 4 grooves in.
simiewimie

Z3 roadster 1.8 TU

Post by simiewimie »

Excellent, thanks.
Going for the Brembo Max.
Just got to decide which pads... Any final tips would be appreciated. :)