Alternative Discs....

Tyres, exhausts, suspension, strut braces, air filters, brake pads/rotors and anything else for 'dawn raiders'.
BostonGreenZ3

M roadster S50

Alternative Discs....

Post by BostonGreenZ3 »

Hi All :D

Spotted these and I thought someone on the forum may be interested - I think there quite cool actually 8-) :P

http://www.rotordiscs.com/main_page.htm
Neal(2.8Roadster)

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Neal(2.8Roadster) »

they do look pretty good.
would look into it when mine need changing for sure.
Neal Glover

Email : nealglover@Gmail.com
Runroadster

Z3 roadster 2.8

Replacement Disc

Post by Runroadster »

Mine need replacing now. Does anyone know anything about these discs, are they tried and trusted. Or can anyone recommend any upgrade direct replacements. Have found the originals to fade a fair bit, so looking for probably grooved or grooved and cross drilled, also upgrade on pads.
Cheers.
All help appreciated.
The beautiful thing about learning, is no one can take it away from you. Tony & Reet.
c_w

M roadster S50

Post by c_w »

I would only fit those if you had some kind of show car, as reducing the surface area of the disc is not exactly beneficial. Neither is having cross-drilled holes as this will lead to cracking.

The best (first) way to combat brake fade is to user higher performance pads suchs as Mintex 1144 or Ferodo DS2500, both of which work fine from cold.

I'd stick with a good quality plain disc and decent pads, or maybe a lightly grooved disc (like 4 or 5 grooves) but even these aren't necessary and can sometimes add a little noise when braking.
M Blur
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by M Blur »

They, IMHO, appear gimmicky.. the obvious question of why know one else has tried this design crops to mind.. :?: :|