Tyres - Falken 453's

Tyres, exhausts, suspension, strut braces, air filters, brake pads/rotors and anything else for 'dawn raiders'.
Gazza

M roadster S54

Tyres - Falken 453's

Post by Gazza »

Has anyone tried these yet ?

I know the 452's and 912's have been popular, seems the 453's are new
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
alec.m

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: Tyres - Falken 453's

Post by alec.m »

It looks like an updated version of the 912 going by the tread pattern. I don`t think you could go far wrong with these if they are priced as well as the others they do. I would certainly give them a go when I`m next buying. I`m a 912 fan. Just looked again and they only seem to be available in 17" and above so I`m out!
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

I checked with a tyre supplier friend and he said the 453's weren't available yet, strange as they are listed on Mytyres.co.uk

Anyway, he priced the 912's at £374 for all four fitted
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

ImageImage
alec.m

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by alec.m »

You will be pleased with the 912s if you go with them Gazza. Don`t think you can do better for the price. I`m very happy with mine. Had them on the front for about a year and back ones for 6 months. No issues at all.
Vic-Z3

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Vic-Z3 »

Defo fronts 912's. Had mine on for three weeks now, all but lost the dreaded tramlining ....................... :D
----------------- BMW Z3 Das Beste Auto -----------------

Mein altes Auto riecht nach Nudeln, hat dieses Auto eine Wurst Geruch.
c_w

M roadster S50

Post by c_w »

Be aware that the ZE912 is an "all-season/touring" tyre, it's not (what is normally described as) a "max performance summer" tyre like the FK452, F1, PS2 etc but they do seem popular despite that.

I got 4 for my parents Rover 75 and they seem great on that, pretty quiet and smooth (but personally would not fit them to my M Coupe). I would agree with above about tramlining, they have a very nice viceless feel to them for normal driving and track dead straight - though the Z3M does not suffer tramlining like the non-M.
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Just been reading the same thing re the 912's

Seems the 452's are a better perfomance tyre but reading suggests that grip in the wet suffers when the tyre is about 50% worn.

Goodyear Assymetric get good reviews

Confused now :|

Maybe I'll just push the boat out and go with Michelin PS3, had PS2 before and they were phenominal wet and dry :D
Gazza

ImageImage
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Just checked and Michelin PS2's are still available, the front two that I have, still have plenty of tread so it makes sense to just replace the rears.

Financially, 4 Falkens Vs 2 PS2 rears is the same money and I really do like the characteristics of the PS2's

Decision made :D
Gazza

ImageImage
c_w

M roadster S50

Post by c_w »

Goodyear Assymetrics are very very good, had some on mine for nearly 5 years and there's still loads of tread left on them, they are brilliant in the wet very dependable and great in the dry too. I did Oulton Park on them earlier this year (snow was forecast during that very cold dry snap), and after a few years on R888s I thought I'd be disappointed but they were really very good in -2 conditions the grip was fantastic.
muppet

Z4 sDrive20i M Sport

Post by muppet »

I have used the ZE912s for the last couple of years, I found that the softer tyre walls made for a smoother ride. Not super high performance , but neither am I :)
I have been diagnosed with ADHOTS. Attention Deficit Hyperactive Ohh That's Shiney