approx £1000 to spend on ///m

Tyres, exhausts, suspension, strut braces, air filters, brake pads/rotors and anything else for 'dawn raiders'.
cc

M roadster S50

approx £1000 to spend on ///m

Post by cc »

right ive owned my //m for all off 3 weeks and most of that time its been in garage getting various probs fixed but now i want to mod the car slightly.bugeting on a grand what would you buy.im not bothered about having the latest or very best product at silly prices just something that will improve car and do its job reliably.im thinking maybe exhaust(not too noisy,but good power gains)what make?ive heard powerflow do a good system and cheap?then maybe coldair induction?again what make gives best bang for bucks?then what?

thanks
chris
DavidM
Z Register member

Z4 M roadster

Post by DavidM »

New zorsts and a strong strut would get my vote - and would come in just around your budget I imagine
Bryn
Z Register member

BMW convertible

Post by Bryn »

just one word: Eisenmann :twisted: :twisted: Not too noisy, honest gov :twisted: :twisted:
Giles

Not specified

Post by Giles »

AC Schnitzer Sport Road Suspension, c£750.

You might find this Poll Thread interesting!
mrloneranger

M roadster S50

Post by mrloneranger »

what does the ac suspension include?

Springs, shocks .....
Giles

Not specified

Post by Giles »

mrloneranger wrote:what does the ac suspension include?

Springs, shocks .....
The whole 'nine yards' basically.

This is a PDF Link to the ACS Z3M brochure. The suspension kits are shown on page 8.
321bhp

Not specified

Hi

Post by 321bhp »

roll bars,go for the chrome roll bars :D :D :P :P
cc

M roadster S50

Post by cc »

yes i do fancy a suspension change although its not as bad in standard form as i was expecting.Ive seen a few kits around from koni,spax etc.anybody got any experience of them as they are quite a bit cheaper than ac?i wasted ££££s on top name products when i had my skyline ,everything had to be hks,blitz etc but when it came down to it you could get similar and not as well known named products that would give the same gains(or close to)but at less than half the price.Is the bmw tuning market the same?
TonyCal

blank.gif

Post by TonyCal »

Forget Spax
if you want to know why take a look at the suspension section on my website
Big Mr P
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by Big Mr P »

CC,

Congratulations on the purchase of a fantastic fun driving machine,

with regards your £1000 to spend it depends on what you want.

Pure straight line performance, then yes exhaust and induction and a little remapping could produce wonders (but a little more than a grand will be required to make any noticeable difference and on an S50 most of it will go in wheel spin).

However, if you would like to use the mighty 321bhp that already lurks under the bonnet then you will need the stuff that keeps it on the road.

My personal advice having bought my car in standard form and upgraded in stages is" ACS Sports Suspension (this is the best valve £ for £) and a front strut brace (any manufacture will do so long as it fits correctly and is not made of rubber).

With the ACS the car become much more predicable and the strut will take out the understeer that often precedes that massive oversteer.

Please note this is my honest opinion and what ever you decide is your choice, I look forward to hearing how your cash was spent.
Graham,
Something for the weekend!!!
M Roaster

M roadster S50

Post by M Roaster »

I got a CL lightweight strong strut for sale, I'll do 40% off new price if interested do not hesitate in contacting me on:

francisco.santos@jrsantos.pt

Cheers
francisco
M Blur
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by M Blur »

In this order;

Tyres
Chassis and suspension
Engine mods
Cosmetic mods