Footwell lighting

Tyres, exhausts, suspension, strut braces, air filters, brake pads/rotors and anything else for 'dawn raiders'.
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Footwell lighting

Post by Southernboy »

I have managed to find 2 boot light fittings - free - I want to install them in the footwells, and be activated by the opening of the door(s). Has anyone made such a mod in the past, and if so, please help with any advice on connecting up etc. :roll:
I thought they would be most easily be fitted in the panels adjacent to the footwell speaker grill - left & right ??
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
siwilson

M roadster S54

Re: Footwell lighting

Post by siwilson »

See here
2001 M roadster S54 Laguna Seca Blue
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Thanks !!! That is just the dog's....... :D :D
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
g8jka
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by g8jka »

Taken from my journal

So I have been adding a couple of mods to the interior recently. Firstly I replaced the interior bulb and boot bulb for new SMD LED ones which are extremely bright and not as yellow as the standard ones.

Following on the LED theme, Zeds can be a little annoying at time because unlike more modern cars they do not have any footwell lights, useful for those wanting to hoover in there at night or if you drop anything in the dark. Now that there is loads of different LED's on the market I thought I would install some of the flexible strip type ones in the footwell and wire them to the main interior light.

They simply wire into the positive and negative wires on the interior bulb and come on at exactly the same time as the standard one and dim on / off. Peel off the double sided tape and stick them out of site somewhere.

The footwells now look like this

Also the zed doesn't have a glovebox light which is really annoying at night, another LED strip connected to the others and I can now find what I'm looking for

Had a couple of spares left over, so they went either side of boot, connected to the boot bulb

2000 BMW Z3 2.8 Titanium Silver Roadster with too many mods to list :-D :drive
Click For 2.0 Progress Journal
Click For 2.8 Progress Journal
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Great ideas ;)
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
Gonorr

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by Gonorr »

siwilson wrote:See here
Just out of interest, has anyone used the connection here to extend their interior lights? Seems a bit tidier(less hassle) than going in via the dome light.