zapper stopped working

Tyres, exhausts, suspension, strut braces, air filters, brake pads/rotors and anything else for 'dawn raiders'.
FLOSSY

blank

zapper stopped working

Post by FLOSSY »

Hi, on my 1.9 Z3 recently had my car battery die, which was on the cards. After replacement my alarm/central locking zapper stopped working totally. No light when pressed. Replaced battery but still nothing. Anyone know if I will have to have anything re-set at a BMW dealership? Incidentally, Eurparts supplied a 4 year Bosch battery for total price £57.54 which I think is a good price
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: zapper stopped working

Post by Robert T »

If the light does not come on when you press the buttons on the remote, then the remote is not transmitting, so that needs to be sorted first before looking at problems getting it to unlock the car. It does seem odd that it should die at the same time as the car battery.

You can reprogram the alarm yourself provided you are prepared to remove the glovebox yourself. A number of people on here have successfully managed to do their own.

See http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... =10&t=4959

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
PCSAM

blank

Post by PCSAM »

if your fob is nackerd i have spare ones here (4) all with new batts and lighting up OK...
FLOSSY

blank

Post by FLOSSY »

Hi, thanks for the offer. How much do you want for one and will I need to reprogramme it? Thanks
Bench

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Bench »

This happended to mine after a flat battery, I put the key in the ignition turned the key to position 2 and locked and unlocked car. Its solved mine. Not sure if there is science to it or luck but cant hurt trying?
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Dougblack

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Dougblack »

Had that to me- mine got wet... Took bat out to dry it... Car wouldn't respond... Got new bat, lights lit up, no car response, did the under glove board contortionist thing and successfully re-coded my remote to the module (then did it again to code a spare I acquired!) :) bit of a ball ache to get in the tight space and get to the coding switch, but I did mine in 20 mins. :)
1998 Montreal Blue Z3 1.9 (140Bhp E36 M44) "The Z".
Dougblack

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Dougblack »

Also... If you need a module... I got one... I wanted a fob and someone had a buy it now for a fiver (module and fob) on eBay, snapped it up as fobs alone go for twice that... So have a module as that was the 'freebie' as far as what I wanted!
1998 Montreal Blue Z3 1.9 (140Bhp E36 M44) "The Z".