Supercharger for ///M Roadster?!

Tyres, exhausts, suspension, strut braces, air filters, brake pads/rotors and anything else for 'dawn raiders'.
Caspar

M roadster S50

Supercharger for ///M Roadster?!

Post by Caspar »

I'm scanning the Swedish (and Nordic) market for Superchargers for the Z3 M Roadster. :mrgreen:

So far I've found a couple of interesting leads. But my question is, has anyone (who's not a mechanic and can fix everything themselves) tried it?? Does the engine stand the pressure??

The general idea is to lower the base compression to about 9,0:1 and then charge with about 0,8 Bar, in best case this would give around 500hp and maybe 600+Nm. :twisted: :twisted:

There are some supercharged Z3M in Sweden, but these guys can bring an engine into pieces AND back together again.. I can't!! :cry:

So anyone with experience, let me know everything U know!!
DavidM
Z Register member

Z4 M roadster

Post by DavidM »

Hey Caspar - I recognise the photo in your signature - I figure one like that is going to appear on the Photo Calendar - heh heh heh

8-)
Caspar

M roadster S50

Post by Caspar »

DavidM (Lord Of The Bling) wrote:Hey Caspar - I recognise the photo in your signature - I figure one like that is going to appear on the Photo Calendar - heh heh heh

8-)
Yep!! :dunce:

And if I get a supercharger installed, more photos of that kind will appear.. :mrgreen:

The senior citizens that was taking a nice walk in the woods surrounding the castle (not shown in the picture) wasn't to pleased with the photo-session. But hey, U can't satisfy everyone..
:devil:
Caspar Friedrich Image
M Roadster

stu

Z3 roadster 2.8 supe

ESS Tuning - Norway

Post by stu »

did my 2.8 and in this months Performance BMW have also done a E46 CSL running low boost.
someone in a minority once wrote:I know I'm in a minority
Caspar

M roadster S50

Re: ESS Tuning - Norway

Post by Caspar »

stu wrote:did my 2.8 and in this months Performance BMW have also done a E46 CSL running low boost.
I just have to start buying that magazine.. :rtm:
Caspar Friedrich Image
M Roadster

DavidM
Z Register member

Z4 M roadster

Post by DavidM »

Stu's was also in TotalBMW - which is a quality magazine too - and this months features a trio of cracking cars

8-)
Caspar

M roadster S50

Post by Caspar »

I guess it's time to visit the international press store then..
Caspar Friedrich Image
M Roadster

BlackMZ3

blank.gif

Post by BlackMZ3 »

Hi,

I am new to the forum from Bahrein with my supercharged M Roadster.

I will be posting the photos and technical specs.

Supercharged with 420 hp. Soon it will be 700 hp.

Hussein
DavidM
Z Register member

Z4 M roadster

Post by DavidM »

BlackMZ3 - interested to hear what kit you used to get yours to 420 - that'd be enough for me - without taking it higher still
ZZZEMMCO
Z Register organiser

M coupe S50

M Blur and Beyond

Post by ZZZEMMCO »

Hi BlackMZ3 , Welcome.Everyone waiting with bated breath for the charger secrets. :twisted:

Jon--Dont :rtm: the answers!!!!!!!!!!!
safetyfast
BlackMZ3

blank.gif

Post by BlackMZ3 »

Hi to everyone,

On my M Roadster, European version engine 321 hp, I have a supercharger kit from DA motorsport. It makes 4 psi of boost and 420 hp. We have standart 11,3:1 compression ratio. Complete motor is standard. Before I buy their kit I was afraid. First I thought the power may not be correct. Secondly the system may not be reliable. Anyhow I was brave enough and bought their Stage 1 kit. The kit camed with DHL and installed here.

They put me in contact with other customers. For 6 months I was happy with the supercharged system and now.... Now I am not. 420 hp is not enough for me. :head: I took my best friend Ali and flied to Istanbul, Turkey to visit DA Motorsport. There started my unhappiness. The Chief has a 1.000+hp turbocharged M3 E36. He took us from the hotel. I saw the M3 and was shocked because the color is different. Pink, Chief told us it is Individual color from BMW. He drove us for 20 minutes and we were shocked because of the performance. The turbo makes over 40 psi boost and the car flyes. After flying for 20 minutes I wanted to drink a cold drink torelax and styrated to say how to get one... :lol: :!: In the following days we tested some supercharged M3s with 500 and 700 hp levels. And I decided to save money and upgrade to 700 hp. The team is crazy at DA Motorsport. They are ASA's dealer. They sell ASA's supercharger kits for E36/E46/E60 but for the M series automobiles, they make their kits. ASA superchargers are used in the kits.
At their shop we saw ported and polished cylinder heads, turbo kits, supercharger kits and many performance parts for the Z3 M roadster and m coupe and m3 E36/E46. The team hates optical tuning. No body kit on their list. Just performance, brake system kits and suspension and handling kits. :!:

I find some links from DA:
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=216284

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=216398

http://www.dtmpower.net/forum/showthrea ... ge=1&pp=15

http://www.dtmpower.net/forum/showthread.php?t=147379

Hussein
DavidM
Z Register member

Z4 M roadster

Post by DavidM »

So I emailed them ...
Hallo David,

For the S54 we offer the following supercharger kits

480 hp supercharger kit / 6.500 Euro
510 hp supercharger kit / 8.200 Euro
540 hp supercharger kit / 10.600 Euro

For the S50B32 engine equipped M Roadsters we offer 420 hp / 500 hp and 700 hp supercharger kits.
hubba hubba - I think that the 480 bhp one would be a nice find under the Christmas tree - but the chances of that happening are minimal

:(
BlackMZ3

blank.gif

Post by BlackMZ3 »

David I am lucky that I have the S50B32 and not the S54 :)
garyw

Porsche

Post by garyw »

Go on David, 6500euro and it will be a fair fight on the swiss twisties :lol: oh! I mean't :twisted:
ZZZEMMCO
Z Register organiser

M coupe S50

Spread the Risks !!!!!!!!!

Post by ZZZEMMCO »

Maybe we could Go for a 1000Bhp GROUP Buy---- :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol
safetyfast
DavidM
Z Register member

Z4 M roadster

Post by DavidM »

garyw wrote:Go on David, 6500euro and it will be a fair fight on the swiss twisties :lol: oh! I mean't :twisted:
You don't know how tempted I am right now :shock:
BlackMZ3

blank.gif

Post by BlackMZ3 »

There is a project where we talked on the phone. They are prapering an M3 engine with the followings:

Only 3,2L M3 engine block is in use, 720-750 hp with very lightinternal parts.

titanium forged connecting rods, every connecting rod is 30 % lighter than standart one

forged pistons

forged crankshaft, 8 lbs lighter than standard one

cylinder head port, polish

Schrick larger diameter intake amd exhaust valves

custom spec Schrick camshafts

and lightweight flywheel

this is a pure racing engine. it is by it self a big project. te guys at DA are mad for M power engines.

Hussein
Caspar

M roadster S50

Post by Caspar »

DavidM wrote:480 hp supercharger kit / 6.500 Euro
510 hp supercharger kit / 8.200 Euro
540 hp supercharger kit / 10.600 Euro
I'd say that was really cheap. Compared to G-power the 540hp kit is a real bargain :D . G-power demands €30.000+ for their 525hp kit... and another €5.000 for installation :shock:

I'm really sad about that I missed out on a locally manufactured kit here in Sweden. The guy made a 450-650hp (adjustable!!) supercharge kit for his Z3M Coupe, totally custom made one of the kind, ready just to bolt on. I could have had it for less then €5.000, sadly someone else bought the whole car... :head: :head: :head:

Now I have put the supercharger plans for a rest a little while after spending almost €8.000 on the stereo upgrade.. I hope it will be worth it... :?
Caspar Friedrich Image
M Roadster

BlackMZ3

blank.gif

Post by BlackMZ3 »

Caspar,

Yes the prices are low and when I asked DA for lowering the price more they refused. In fact Iknew it was a good price but asked for more discount :lol: Discount is what I like very much :D

When I met the team and visit their facility I understood why they had good prices. The DA owns other businesses. Chief is a very rich man with two industrial factories, a hotel and ... He has different cars like a Corvette C5, M3, CLK convetible, Masserati. All these cars are modified. I think the CLK convertible is standard. So when we talk they say money is not so important and they want to be known as a pure racing company. The latest racing M3 engine that ı tell you above is so pure racing with best materials.

I wanted to get a body kit but they do not sell me. They do not even tell me where to get one. Only engine performance kits, brake systems and handling.
exdos

M coupe S54

Post by exdos »

Caspar wrote:
Now I have put the supercharger plans for a rest a little while after spending almost €8.000 on the stereo upgrade.. I hope it will be worth it... :?
What kind of ears have you got that can tell the difference between the OEM stereo and €8.000 worth of stereo when you've got a 321BHP engine blasting away :?: :head:

If I had €8.000 to spend on stereo equipment, it would be locked away in my house :!: I prefer to listen to the straight six when I'm driving 8-)