New Tyres for my Z3

Tyres, exhausts, suspension, strut braces, air filters, brake pads/rotors and anything else for 'dawn raiders'.
GROMMIT

Z3 roadster 3.0i

New Tyres for my Z3

Post by GROMMIT »

Just Bought A Z3 And Absolutley Over The Moon With It. I Have 4 Good Tyres On It But Wandered If Anyone Reccommended Me Changing Them As The Wet, Cold And Icy Weather Is On The Way. Any Ideas Guys?
Zmeagol

Z4 roadster 3.0i

Post by Zmeagol »

What tyres do you currently have?

Tim
Caspar

M roadster S50

Post by Caspar »

I recently put on Nokian WR winter-tires for the autumn i Sweden (I won't use the Z3 during winter due to the use of salt & sand on Swedish winter-roads.. :cry: ), and they work perfectly.

Of course is it a bit slippery on icy parts since they don't have spikes. With the power of the Z3M I can put out the back whenever I like to and skip it whenever I don't (rarely happens. :twisted: ).

If they wasn't so bloody expensive (my dealer doesn't have a great deal with them) I'd put on Bridgestone Blizzak. The best ever spike-less tire on icy roads.
Caspar Friedrich Image
M Roadster

Mr Tim

Z3 roadster 2.8

Khumo`s

Post by Mr Tim »

245/45 17 khumo 712 are £80.00 inc vat and delivery

Mr Tim 8-)
stu

Z3 roadster 2.8 supe

General consensus of benchmark tyres

Post by stu »

Goodyear Eagle F1 or Michelen Pilot Sport 2's, in sets only.
someone in a minority once wrote:I know I'm in a minority
Phil

M roadster S54

Pilot Sport 2s for me------

Post by Phil »

But as Stu said in sets only. Dont mix.
Sapphire black/Imola red and black interior/ red roof/ S54 - the only RHD one made.

"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire."
Caspar

M roadster S50

Re: Pilot Sport 2s for me------

Post by Caspar »

This winters first snow fell down tonight and I just had to take the car out for a spin. The Nokian tires did a excellent job in the 2 inches of snow. I don't know how much snow You get in UK, if any outside the highlands, but these tires are great on snow.

No problem to put out the back (is it ever a problem with 321hp?!?) but nice and steady when that's wanted.

The Monster with winter-clothes on..
Caspar Friedrich Image
M Roadster

stu

Z3 roadster 2.8 supe

Hi Caspar

Post by stu »

We've had snow in UK today (up north) and I saw an MZ3 - in traffic!

Had the Z out in deepish snow before, but I live in a flat area, so no issues for me.

Worked in Sollentuna for a while a few years ago, so I realise how much better your mandatory winter tyres are than what we try to use over the winter.
someone in a minority once wrote:I know I'm in a minority
Phil

M roadster S54

Got snow in Solihull now!!!!!!!!!

Post by Phil »

:?
Sapphire black/Imola red and black interior/ red roof/ S54 - the only RHD one made.

"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire."
Caspar

M roadster S50

Re: Hi Caspar

Post by Caspar »

stu wrote:We've had snow in UK today (up north) and I saw an MZ3 - in traffic!

Had the Z out in deepish snow before, but I live in a flat area, so no issues for me.

Worked in Sollentuna for a while a few years ago, so I realise how much better your mandatory winter tyres are than what we try to use over the winter.
Well I had the M out in the snow for these days (going really wide since there's no traction control :mrgreen: ) but I put it to winter rest after this weekend if I can wash it and keep it clean home (need to get the salt, they put out on the streets of the car.. :-( )

Today I'll be driving a bachelorette :queen: to her party :dunce: as "Petro" from "Specialtransport Inc" :devil: I'm glad I have those tires on!! :
Caspar Friedrich Image
M Roadster