Winter tyres

Tyres, exhausts, suspension, strut braces, air filters, brake pads/rotors and anything else for 'dawn raiders'.
stussy

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Winter tyres

Post by stussy »

Hi

I am looking to buy a set of winter tyres got my 2.2 sport, I've taken the 17" sport rims off and fitted a set of 205 60-15 tyres and rims from a 1.8. I've been looking at conti winter contacts but can only find them in a T rated tyre. Had anyone on here fitted winter tyres to their Zeds ? If what so brand and speed rating ?
Phil

M roadster S54

Re: Winter tyres

Post by Phil »

Winter tyres have lower speed ratings. So T rated tyres are commonplace. I'm using Michelin Alpins on our Alpina. Cant believe the difference they are making in the cold weather.
Sapphire black/Imola red and black interior/ red roof/ S54 - the only RHD one made.

"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire."
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

I thought alot about fitting full winters to the Zed but took a risk on all seasons so went for Vredestein Quatrac 3s 225/40 18s all round after reading good things about them. I wasn't quite sure what to expect in all the snow we've been having. Anyways they've been superb in the 10 to 15cms of snow we've had. Haven't experienced any wheel spin or sliding around even on frozen snow and ice. I'm guessing with full winters braking will be less compromised and grip will be better in extreme conditions but I'm finding the all seasons more than adequate. Added bonus for me anyways it saves swapping tyres/wheels come the spring :)

Tim.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
lowriderz3

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by lowriderz3 »

I bought some second hand 16 inch 3 series wheels and bought 4 part worn Vredestein snow tyres and they are H rated.They make the car more secure on the road in this freezing weather.
Devon Z
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Devon Z »

It'll be time for water wings soon :shock:
99 2.0 Topaz Individual
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

I have summer tyres on mine.....they have very good grip in the wet.... :head:

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..