anyone ever used these?

Tyres, exhausts, suspension, strut braces, air filters, brake pads/rotors and anything else for 'dawn raiders'.
martyb

Z3 roadster 1.9

anyone ever used these?

Post by martyb »

Hey guys as im new to the zed world and im currently getting mine upto scratch for the forthcoming year.

I am at the stage where iv got my service stuff ready and waiting for a dry day but still need plugs for my 1.9 auto

anyway have any of you ever used these?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-x-NGK-IRIDI ... 231a943ac8

is there a good enough difference to deserve the increase in price compared to regular plugs?
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re: anyone ever used these?

Post by Southernboy »

I seem to recall some comments on the use of Irridium plugs to the effect that they are really great, if used in the appropriate application, but weren't recommended as an improvement over the specified OEM plugs for your vehicle... I'd be interested to read an informed opinion though.
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
Del

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Del »

They will be fine and the price is very competitive – go for it. The difference between standard copper, platinum and iridium plugs is not performance but longevity. Iridium plugs are said to last up to 90,000 miles. I recommend not relying solely on the ebay application list and checking with the NGK/UK site to be sure, as well.
martyb

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by martyb »

Thanks guys I never even thought to check the ngk site, good shout there.

Think I'll probably go for them but if anyone has any good comments about them please let us all know. :D
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

I found an NGK / Youtube vid presented by NGK in which they discussed all their products...Very informative, and if you take the time to watch it, you will have all the info you need and can form your own opinion.
Seems they have a product - Laser Iridium, which might be more applicable.
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
Jonco

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Jonco »

Did consider them on recent service on my `98 1.9 auto but decided to stick with handbook recommendation NGK BKR 6 EK, which is also NGK site recommendation. Book also gives Bosch F7 LDCR as alternative.

Old plugs were NGK BKR 6 EK and were in the car when I got it (10k miles ago) so don't their true mileage. They still looked good and performed well.
billz

Z4 roadster 3.0si

Post by billz »

I just use the recommended NGK ones but then again they do get replaced every year due to having inspection 2 at all service intervals
bill
Image ImageImageUploaded with ImageShack.com
Z3 3.0 Sports Sold
Z4 3.0si Ruby Black with Champagne Leather and Piano Black Dash