airbag light

Tyres, exhausts, suspension, strut braces, air filters, brake pads/rotors and anything else for 'dawn raiders'.
walter05

Z3 roadster 2.8

airbag light

Post by walter05 »

just started the z after hibernation,moved the drivers seat and I now have airbag light on,connections under seat found corroded and repaired.I need to reset the light and am thinking of buying reset tool,but which one to buy? Some on ebay look iffy to me. Any ideas,thoughts most welcome!
Fender2004

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: airbag light

Post by Fender2004 »

I would definitely go down the purchase of a reset tool route. I got someone to reset my light charged me £35 so I could have bought a reset tool for that :head:

Plus you will have it for any use in the future.

Sorry can't help with which one to buy as my seat belt light hasn't come on again, but if it does I will be buying a reset tool rather than getting someone to reset it for me.
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

I have one of these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SRS-Airbag-B8 ... 3a7d4f9f3a

works a treat, you have to plug it into the round connector under the bonnet using the adaptor lead shown.

I no longer worry about removing seats with ignition on now, I just know I can reset the light when I am finished.

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
Captain

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Captain »

Just ordered myself one, had to go the China route as the UK seller won't ship to SA :D
ImageImage
walter05

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by walter05 »

Thanks for prompt replies.will be buying the one shown on Ebay.It makes good sense to have one.Cheers.
Bonzo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Bonzo »

I've got one, but mine seems to need a couple of tries before it switches the light off. But it does the job. (perhaps it's me)

Bonzo.
Z3lda (Zelda), 1998 2.8, Montreal Blue, Beige Oregon leather interior and M steering wheel, Sports Seats, Wood trim, Chrome Line Interior, Centre armrest with Cupholder, Alpina Softline wheels, Chromed Angel Eyes, De- tango'd, Rear stone guards, Sport aerial, ASC front strut brace, Strong Strut Butt Strut and Body Brace, Uprated brake fluid, Yellowstuff pads 78k.
walter05

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by walter05 »

Well I plumped forthe B800 one on Ebay. Arrived quickly and works a treat. You have to ensure the round plug is pushed home,very satisfied!