My Coilovers...

Tyres, exhausts, suspension, strut braces, air filters, brake pads/rotors and anything else for 'dawn raiders'.
dallantan

Z3 roadster 2.2i

My Coilovers...

Post by dallantan »

Im low but need to go lower at the rear...

...any ideas? - Ive already took the bump stops off!
Dallan |07712 415 619

OZ Breyton 3-Piece Splits (17x9 & 17x12), Rayvern Hydraulics, Custom Top Mounts, Bespoke Hubcentric Spacers, Strutbrace, Aero Wipers, Wind Deflector, PiperX Air Filter, Deleted Plate Recess, Deleted Front Badge, Smoothed Boot, Continental Fogs, All Red Rears, Cleaned Bulbs (all round), Stubby Aerial, Black Grills, Halo Projector Lights, Components Upgrade, Clifford 5104x Intellistart Alarm, Custom Boot Install.
Z3cade

M roadster S50

Re: My Coilovers...

Post by Z3cade »

You'll bottom out surely...

Get some pics on here :wink:
///M Roadster - Evolve Stage 3
dallantan

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by dallantan »

Will have fresh pics uploaded by this time next week. I just need to go lower.

Dont know how to do it.

Having said that, how strong are our sumps?
Dallan |07712 415 619

OZ Breyton 3-Piece Splits (17x9 & 17x12), Rayvern Hydraulics, Custom Top Mounts, Bespoke Hubcentric Spacers, Strutbrace, Aero Wipers, Wind Deflector, PiperX Air Filter, Deleted Plate Recess, Deleted Front Badge, Smoothed Boot, Continental Fogs, All Red Rears, Cleaned Bulbs (all round), Stubby Aerial, Black Grills, Halo Projector Lights, Components Upgrade, Clifford 5104x Intellistart Alarm, Custom Boot Install.
Z3cade

M roadster S50

Post by Z3cade »

Put it this way my M was lowered 30mm and the exhaust used to catch on the odd occasion.. So I fitted thicker spring pads to raise it slightly.. Now its spot on..

I know its about the looks for you mate but be careful you don't ruin the drivability of your zed..
dallantan

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by dallantan »

WOAH!

Well ive lowered mine as much as possible then lowered it some more.

Still need to get lower....
Dallan |07712 415 619

Z3cade

M roadster S50

Post by Z3cade »

How low we talking ? :?

You'll have sparks coming from the back as your driving :lol:
dallantan

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by dallantan »

thats fine, happpy with that.

taking the spare wheel off next week too.
Dallan |07712 415 619

Z3cade

M roadster S50

Post by Z3cade »

If you've wound down and took the stops out etc surely u can't go any lower?
Z3cade

M roadster S50

Post by Z3cade »

Best way to lower more...

Go out with a fat bird or sand bags in the boot :D
dallantan

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by dallantan »

Yeah, gonna take spare wheel off, will it with cement and secure it back by welding ALL over with lead.
Dallan |07712 415 619

gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

dallantan wrote:Yeah, gonna take spare wheel off, .
Take all the wheels off,...... dont get any lower than that

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
dallantan

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by dallantan »

gookah wrote:
dallantan wrote:Yeah, gonna take spare wheel off, .
Take all the wheels off,...... dont get any lower than that
not a bad idea. dont drive the thing anyways...
Dallan |07712 415 619

Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Some update pics would be cool...
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
dallantan

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by dallantan »

Southernboy wrote:Some update pics would be cool...

Have been meaning to for somem while. Will try for Weds but will most likely be Sat/Sun now.
Dallan |07712 415 619

Bi11

M roadster S54

Post by Bi11 »

Mine is lowered and I have to be careful on poor country roads. Speed bumps are a definite no no. Seriously considering getting some 18" wheels just to give me a little bit more clearance (over the standard 17") but still keep the lowered look.
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

I have 18's...it 's somewhat better, but the speed bumps are a nightmare as are driveways which suddenly pitch downhill from the street...I considered the Reiger spoiler, but what's the point if I'm going to leave crumpled in the road after a couple of k's...
"Normal is overrated"

Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

Zedonist wrote:So how does the fitting of 18" wheels raise the height of the car?
Because there bigger.

:head:

The 'BEAST' 666
Bi11

M roadster S54

Post by Bi11 »

My front tyres are only 215/40/17, I kind of assumed that if I went to 18 inch wheels with 40 tyres I would get a bit more clearance? :?:
g8jka
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by g8jka »

Southernboy wrote:I considered the Reiger spoiler, but what's the point if I'm going to leave crumpled in the road after a couple of k's...
From our street, to get to our garage you have to go over a little hump and then down the driveway and my exhaust often catches underneath, more so in the winter due to the extra weight of the hardtop. A few months back I took my summer wheels off the front to get the tyres changed and put my old winter 16's on.

The tyres on these were a bit flat, so I went to the the petrol station to pump them up and as I went over the top of the drive and the exhaust caught a bit more than normal anyway I carried on and heard a crunch :head:

Stopped and got out and the reiger lip had decided to mate itself to the tarmac :cry:. This was because the tyres were a lot flatter than normal and made the front end lower but luckily it didn't do to much damage only a few scuffs underneath which can't be seen unless you look under the bumper. You have to be very careful if the car is lowered and you have any sort of lip or splitter fitted, especially over speed humps etc.
2000 BMW Z3 2.8 Titanium Silver Roadster with too many mods to list :-D :drive
Click For 2.0 Progress Journal
Click For 2.8 Progress Journal
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

That's what I thought...I go over the speed bumps almost sideway to avoid the exhaust bottoming on the road...a lot of the speed bumps here are due to residents complaining about speedsters...so I always give the motor a good rev when I depart the bumps..they're not the quietest.... :twisted:
"Normal is overrated"

Bench

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Bench »

agree pictures required.

I went as low as my coil overs allowed and it scrappe don most things. Looked good though, I noticed the guy i sold it to has left it low...i like that!
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
dallantan

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by dallantan »

pictures will be ready as on tomorrow :P
Dallan |07712 415 619

gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

Zedonist wrote:Mods, can we ban Dallantan for not posting pictures please, thread is pointless without.........

you haven't mentioned banning Dallantan, for just having the name Dallantan...... yet! :D

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
dallantan

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by dallantan »

Zedonist wrote:
gookah wrote:
Zedonist wrote:Mods, can we ban Dallantan for not posting pictures please, thread is pointless without.........

you haven't mentioned banning Dallantan, for just having the name Dallantan...... yet! :D
Good point, Mods, can we ban Dallantan for the name Dallantan, too ambiguous..........
i love you all hahahah
Dallan |07712 415 619