HEADLIGHT SWITCH

Tyres, exhausts, suspension, strut braces, air filters, brake pads/rotors and anything else for 'dawn raiders'.
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

HEADLIGHT SWITCH

Post by Southernboy »

Anyone with prior experience of this issue?
My headlight switch works perfectly with the exception of the warning buzzer which normally sounds if the lights are on and the ignition is turned off.
Any suggestions before I begin stripping out the switch etc will be appreciated. :wink:
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re: HEADLIGHT SWITCH

Post by Southernboy »

.....sorted...It seems the "buzzer" is directly linked to the light switch dimmer function...if the one doesn't work, then neither does the other. Took the switch out and gave it a good spray with electrical contact cleaner. All working again. :D
"Normal is overrated"

Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian H »

Barry,

I have an old light switch that I stripped apart out of curiosity to find the buzzer, It is not in there, any idea where it is hidden?

Brian
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

......that's interesting...Today I took the switch out, and found that the dimmer wasn't working, as well as the buzzer. It was the buzzer not working that alerted me to a problem...but then after twiddling the light on/off knob...the buzzer started working, and also the dimmer....so the circuit they operate on must be interconnected...Do you know where the buzzer is located??
"Normal is overrated"

Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian H »

According to the ETM, the chime module is below left side of dash :head:, Looks like a hunt around whilst it is going off. maybe another day.