BOSCH 4 HOLE INJECTORS??

Tyres, exhausts, suspension, strut braces, air filters, brake pads/rotors and anything else for 'dawn raiders'.
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

BOSCH 4 HOLE INJECTORS??

Post by Southernboy »

Has anyone seen this option for BMW Z3's...seller claims this is an upgrade from the OEM 2 hole injectors ???
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
Del

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: BOSCH 4 HOLE INJECTORS??

Post by Del »

Bearing in mind that the newest Z3s are now 10-years old, we don't seem to see many threads about either fitting new injectors or getting the old ones professionally cleaned.
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

These 4 hole injectors are purported to improve fuel economy, provide smoother engine running and improved fuel distribution / combustion...I thought it might be a sound upgrade if anyone with "rough" engine performance was to consider an injector replacement. They're selling at £116.50 for a full set including all new seals etc..eBay - UK
"Normal is overrated"

Del

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Del »

That's not a bad price for brand new - do four cylinder models get a 33% discount? :D . I've had the attached on my watch list for a while as they are not that far from me.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ULTRASONIC-FU ... 587e1889c6
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Looks like a good idea too...I wonder if the injectors ever become brittle with the heat generated at the cylinder head, and if they develop cracks etc...Surely they must eventually wear somewhat??
"Normal is overrated"