BOSCH 4 HOLE INJECTORS

Tyres, exhausts, suspension, strut braces, air filters, brake pads/rotors and anything else for 'dawn raiders'.
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

BOSCH 4 HOLE INJECTORS

Post by Southernboy »

This morning I fitted the new 4 hole Bosch injectors...the task took around 30 minutes including removing the front strut brace to access the fuel rail etc...
All I can say about the upgrade is that it's been some while since my motor idled and revved as smoothly...example:- prior to fitting the new injectors, the motor had a "hiccup" whilst idling...every so often it would do a "blat" instead of continuing to tick over smoothly...I was told about sticky valve lifters being the cause etc etc.. and having used engine flush, injector cleaners etc to try to remedy the issue...without success...this has cured the hiccup, and the power delivery is fantastic...it feels as if the motor is more responsive throught he rev range and it seems to arrive at the redline considerably quicker...all in all a very worthwhile upgrade from the OEM 2 hole injectors..added to which, these are unclogged / tarnished etc and deliver the fuel at 100% efficiency... :D

Here they are going in....

"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re: BOSCH 4 HOLE INJECTORS

Post by Southernboy »

......and this comes next.... in around 2 - 3 weeks time..:D

"Normal is overrated"

Uncle Al

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Uncle Al »

Hi
Where can I get info on the Bosch 4 hole injectors and where did you get them
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

I bought them off eBay...Seach for "BMW Z3 BOSCH INJECTOR UPGRADE"...One very important point, ask the seller to specify the resistance of the injectors.
"Normal is overrated"

Uncle Al

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Uncle Al »

Why should the injectors resist :lol:
Mine is an M44. What sort of resistance should I be looking for ?
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

THE RESISTANCE ON THE INJECTORS ARE 12.8 - 14.5 ohms. Anything outside of yhese parameters could cause your ECU to malfunction and requiring a replacement ECU...so don't go there!!
To double check, call a Bosch dealer, give them the BMW part number off realoem, and ask them what the specified resistance is on the part they have for sale...if they give you a number between the 12.8 - 14.5...then you're good to go... :wink:
"Normal is overrated"