HOOTER NOT WORKING.

Tyres, exhausts, suspension, strut braces, air filters, brake pads/rotors and anything else for 'dawn raiders'.
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

HOOTER NOT WORKING.

Post by Southernboy »

I had to remove my steering wheel in the last couple of days and after re-fitting it discovered the hooter wasn't working. After checking the relative fuse (#3) I considered that perhaps I hadn't reconnected one of the 2 plugs fully. So removed the lower cowling cover, and spotted the small red wire had broken off. As you can see in the pic below, it had broken right at the point where it enters the plastic connector to the slip ring. Unfortunately, one can't simply remove this plastic connector and open it up. I used a sharp Stanley knife blade and trimmed the grey plastic back about 3mm and exposed a short length of the wire then soldered it to the length that goes to the opposite end connector (orange one - not in the frame)
So, if you ever find yourself in a quandry about a non-functioning hooter, and you've checked the obvious, it may be worth looking here for the fault.
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
David

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Re: HOOTER NOT WORKING.

Post by David »

This is pretty much my fault that you found yourself in this position isn't it? :( haha

Sorry Barry, all fixed now I hope?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Southernboy wrote:Nipple Cream
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

YEP...all your doing...but it would have broken away soon anyhow, so fortuitous that I was working in the area and saw the fault. I might have gone through a heap of other options first to find it... :wink:
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
David

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by David »

In which case... You're very welcome! :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Southernboy wrote:Nipple Cream
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i