ChromiumTech strut brace

Tyres, exhausts, suspension, strut braces, air filters, brake pads/rotors and anything else for 'dawn raiders'.
michiganstar

Z3 roadster 2.8

ChromiumTech strut brace

Post by michiganstar »

Just bought one of these for the Z - anyone got one and has their opinion on it?

Has anyone got a butt strut as that is the next mod I was thinking of.
stupot50

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: ChromiumTech strut brace

Post by stupot50 »

I am considering one, what are your first thoughts?
1999 2.8 Arctic Silver Z3
1987 Black Renault Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
2007 325d Msport - remapped
Davejue1

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Davejue1 »

Hi Stupot, hi have a strut brace and full chassis brace on mine. I'm not the quickest of drivers to be fair but it really does go round corners like its on rails. I've never owned a car with braces on before but the handling difference is obvious. I used to run several mark 1 and 2 golf gti's and they were good but with the braces I'd say the z has the edge.

"Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!"
stupot50

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by stupot50 »

Davejue1 wrote:Hi Stupot, hi have a strut brace and full chassis brace on mine. I'm not the quickest of drivers to be fair but it really does go round corners like its on rails. I've never owned a car with braces on before but the handling difference is obvious. I used to run several mark 1 and 2 golf gti's and they were good but with the braces I'd say the z has the edge.
What front brace do you have?
1999 2.8 Arctic Silver Z3
1987 Black Renault Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
2007 325d Msport - remapped
Davejue1

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Davejue1 »

Now your asking! Soon as I get my car back I'll let you know. Hopefully have it back next week.

"Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!"
michiganstar

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by michiganstar »

Really pleased it with it as a mod for the money I paid for it. Its certainly not night and day and I will know more when on track but so far its tightened the front end up. I notice it most when changing from left to right in tight bends. Also over rutted roads the front end flexes less.
It has highlighted that the rear end on these cars doesn't feel as connected as maybe it should. New subframe bushes maybe?
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

There is a Strongstrut - Buttstrut available, and also the braces which fit from the rear to the front along both left / right sides. Strongstrut make a good product, and from what I've read, this set-up really does make a big difference to the otherwise "twitchy" butt on a Z3.
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions