Z3 / Z3M suspension intercompatibility

Tyres, exhausts, suspension, strut braces, air filters, brake pads/rotors and anything else for 'dawn raiders'.
mnbrennan

Z3 roadster 2.0

Z3 / Z3M suspension intercompatibility

Post by mnbrennan »

Hi all

Just wanted to know whether z3 suspension will fit onto a z3m?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Now: '99 Z3M Coupe in imola red
paulwirral

blank

Re: Z3 / Z3M suspension intercompatibility

Post by paulwirral »

Front springs are different diameter , I'm pretty sure the rears are the same , careful fella , mc mafia won't be happy your on a roadster site :lol:
mnbrennan

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by mnbrennan »

Haha you're right, but there are more people here!

I'm thinking about coilovers for the front and lower springs for the rear. Will they fit?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Now: '99 Z3M Coupe in imola red
paulwirral

blank

Post by paulwirral »

I can't see why not , the rears will be the same and I can't see the fronts mounting any differently , you may need spacers .
Ring someone like demon tweeks and ask them making on your gonna buy a new set from them , they will be only to eager to find out for you :D
pingu

M roadster S50

Post by pingu »

You will see the differences if you look at real OEM for a standard Z3 and your car. Print off the appropriate pages and compare the part numbers to see the differences.

There are quite a few differences in the stiffness and offsets of mountings, castor settings of the front suspension as well as spring and damper settings.

If you are considering a complete change of suspension, then this is possible, but most individual components are not interchangable.
Pingu