cold air intake

Tyres, exhausts, suspension, strut braces, air filters, brake pads/rotors and anything else for 'dawn raiders'.
jimmithemoonlite

Z4 sDrive35iS

cold air intake

Post by jimmithemoonlite »

Hi all,

Since I bought my first Z a month or two ago, I was watching an ad for a new performance air intake system at £149.99, I thought that was quite a good price for the life long filter plus all the plumbing required to make my Z breath easier and sound better, I was also advised to get a cold air filter setup prior to taking the car for a remap.
I had a look at ebay this morning to look at a delivery date for something else I have just bought and spotted the price of the intake system had dropped to £49.99, and I do love a bargain so I hit the buy it now and it will be delivered tomorrow.

Can anyone tell me if this is a good worthwhile mod? and/or are there any down sides to this? I must admit I quite like the idea of a bit sportier sound cos for a 3 litre twin turbo it's pretty quiet.
If anyone else wants a bargain just follow the link

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-E31-X3-X6 ... 2749.l2649
Gazza

M roadster S54

Re: cold air intake

Post by Gazza »

I did the exhaust Golf Tee mod on the 335i, that gave it the growl.
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
jimmithemoonlite

Z4 sDrive35iS

Post by jimmithemoonlite »

Gazza wrote: Thu 03 Aug, 2017 15:07 I did the exhaust Golf Tee mod on the 335i, that gave it the growl.
The Golf Tee mod.... what's that one again? I'm always getting my Tee mods mixed up :head:
deni2s

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by deni2s »

jimmithemoonlite wrote: Thu 03 Aug, 2017 11:13 Can anyone tell me if this is a good worthwhile mod? and/or are there any down sides to this?
No, it's not, as it is not cold air intake, it is hot air intake as it sucks hot air from engine bay. Probably decrease in power instead of any improvement. Also stock filter definitely filters the air better.
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

jimmithemoonlite wrote: Fri 04 Aug, 2017 08:02
Gazza wrote: Thu 03 Aug, 2017 15:07 I did the exhaust Golf Tee mod on the 335i, that gave it the growl.
The Golf Tee mod.... what's that one again? I'm always getting my Tee mods mixed up :head:
http://forums.m3cutters.co.uk/showthread.php?t=152249
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage