Supplier prices - BMtown.com - check before you buy!

Discussion of anything to do with the BMW Car Club. Viewing and posting limited to Z Register members.
zedebee

M roadster S50

Supplier prices - BMtown.com - check before you buy!

Post by zedebee »

Yesterday I tried to buy some suspension parts from BMtown only to find that the price they wanted was hundreds of pounds more than the price listed on the Internet! I queried this and was told, quote:

You can advise club members that the products are available but there are new up to date retail prices and until we get round to updating every single price on the website, if there any particular products they are interested in it would be best if they contact us.

Personally I don't think this is a satisfactory way of treating customers. How many shops on the High Street could get away with telling you the prices have gone up when you get to the till?

Of course we can always vote with our feet (or is it hands!) and go elsewhere.
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Re: Supplier prices - BMtown.com - check before you buy!

Post by TitanTim »

zedebee wrote:Yesterday I tried to buy some suspension parts from BMtown only to find that the price they wanted was hundreds of pounds more than the price listed on the Internet! I queried this and was told, quote:

You can advise club members that the products are available but there are new up to date retail prices and until we get round to updating every single price on the website, if there any particular products they are interested in it would be best if they contact us.

Personally I don't think this is a satisfactory way of treating customers. How many shops on the High Street could get away with telling you the prices have gone up when you get to the till?

Of course we can always vote with our feet (or is it hands!) and go elsewhere.

I'm not sure how other members have found BMtown but I have only ordered one item off them and it didn't fit the Zed :( Any future purchases will be from Simon at JustRoadster. Might be worth dropping him a line if your after something specific.

Tim.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport