Cost of fuel in Europe

What's happening in the wider BMW scene? Gossip and news about forthcoming models. Plus off-topic chat.
RodsZ3

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Cost of fuel in Europe

Post by RodsZ3 »

As I drive to work and pass the Petrol Stations along the way it seems to me that the cost petrol appears to rising at least one pence a week, not that long ago I was seeing £1.34 a litre (EUR 1.55) for Regular Unleaded, now I see it at £1.39 for that same litre (I've rounded up that riduculous '.9' they all seem to use). :head:

These are not back country village garages but major distributors, BP, Shell and the like.

So it seems prior to those jolly people in government putting up the price in the name of 'the national deficit' or the 'enviroment' or the 'Middle East situation' or any other flag they put it under the Distributors are edgeing up the price anyway! :evil:

I was just wondering what the cost of a regular litre of fuel was in Europe knowing there are a number of Z owners across the Channel?

France was always cheaper than us when I used to travel there with Diesel cheaper than Petrol as it was here once!

Friday rant
Rod :oops:
Just because nobody complains doesn't mean to say all parachutes are perfect! (Benny Hill 1924 - 1992)
Hard Top

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Hard Top »

Hi RodsZ3, check this out.

(translation is pretty carp, but the numbers are correct)

HT

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.a ... rijzen.asp

Fuel prices in Europe
(Click here for the large differences in fuel prices in Europe)
in above link.
HT

Titan's apprentice. :D
Titan wrote:Occupations ?
Official Devil's Advocate :devil:
Leg Puller
Micky Taker
http://www.lde.nu/index.htm
daverave

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by daverave »

I'm in Spain (Cartagena, Murcia) and filled up about a week ago and regular petrol was €1.34 a litre although it is certainly on the rise.
ImageImage
RodsZ3

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by RodsZ3 »

daverave wrote:I'm in Spain (Cartagena, Murcia) and filled up about a week ago and regular petrol was €1.34 a litre although it is certainly on the rise.
Gosh!! Wish Spain was nearer....cheaper fuel AND more sunshine....ahh, open roads, top down.... :D
Rod
Just because nobody complains doesn't mean to say all parachutes are perfect! (Benny Hill 1924 - 1992)
daverave

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by daverave »

No sunshine today I'm afraid been raining gatos y perros all day so no top down motoring at the moment :cry:
ImageImage
ZZZEMMCO
Z Register organiser

M coupe S50

THE fuel scam goes forever onwards

Post by ZZZEMMCO »

Despite the Budget 1p reduction(what a pathetic opinion of the voting motorists IQ our Great leaders have)we have a DM report that 4 out of 10 garages refuse to reduce the price, and in MANY cases raised the price by a 1p the day BEFORE to allow their profits to stay the same. :twisted:
safetyfast
OXO

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by OXO »

Currently about 1.50 - 1.54 € per litre of 98 octane
Hard Top

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Hard Top »

Euro per ltr over here.

HT

Euro95 1.677
Diesel 1.405
LPG 0.790

Super plus 1.744
Super MLV 1.759
V-Power 1.729

V-Power Diesel 1.479
Ultimate ong 98 1.729
Ultimate Diesel 1.449
Excellium Benzine 1.739
Excellium Diesel 1.479

Euro XL 1.739
Diesel XL 1.479
Energy Supreme 1.749
HT

Titan's apprentice. :D
Titan wrote:Occupations ?
Official Devil's Advocate :devil:
Leg Puller
Micky Taker
http://www.lde.nu/index.htm
topfuelking

Z3 roadster 2.8 supe

Post by topfuelking »

Over here in northwest france today petrol is 1.56 euros a lt and diesel is 1.40 euros a lt this time last year diesel was 92 cents a lt :roll:
THANKS MARC
looking for a carp fishing hoilday we can help http://www.carpfishingmayenne.com

ImageSYMPTOMS OF A BOOST JUNKY

1. You get excited when it's cold outside.
2. You fill up every three days.
3. The size of your grin is directly proportional to the amount of boost you’re on.
komis

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by komis »

Try Greece, average around €1.65 per litre lol!!! To think that it was only a couple of years ago that I wrote in this forum about how much I was enjoying the previous price of €0.85 per litre... the prices doubled overnight last year due to the crisis and funnily enough, there were no protests, no boycotting, nothing.. People just took it. €1.65/l might not seem that terrible but consider the fact that wages here are half what they are in the UK and you soon realise there is much cash that can still be extracted from the motorist, hope Cameron isn't on this forum lol

Anyway, a bit off-topic but anyone with half a brain can see that Greece really was just one big social experiment to see if the same savagery can be inflicted on the rest of Europe without many consequences. I think that one can expect similar rises on petrol duty and other taxes across the rest of Europe in the near future to fund "economic recovery"..
wwwwOOOff!!!
Cloz

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Cloz »

I have paid $1.29can.-93,52eur yesterday south shore of Montreal. :)
RodsZ3

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by RodsZ3 »

Cloz wrote:I have paid $1.29can.-93,52eur yesterday south shore of Montreal. :)
Wow!! that makes it around 82 pence a litre (GBP)..... :bawl:

....(thinks!! what's the best route to get the Z over to Canada? Mmmm, it may involve some sea and ice.... :shake: ....no top down then!!?) :)

Rod