£115 Million

What's happening in the wider BMW scene? Gossip and news about forthcoming models. Plus off-topic chat.
Giles

Not specified

£115 Million

Post by Giles »

So seriously then. What would be first on the list ?
hornel Z3M

blank

m

Post by hornel Z3M »

find Charlotte and buy it :lol:
321bhp

Not specified

Post by 321bhp »

1st on the list,e-type jag convertable in red,then whatever,but ive always said if i won the lottery,the next day id get the e-type
Jamezee

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Jamezee »

Nowt. I can't get on the flippin website so couldn't buy the ticket :head: :head: :head:
Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one. Harry Callahan.

BMW dust caps x 4 (replica)
Little Tree Air Freshener-Vanillaroma (now worn out and in the bin)
2006 AA road atlas (with the latest safety cameras)
Adam

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Adam »

Despite all the "dream things" to buy I would do the following first.

Pay off all my bills.

Go to each of my immediate family and ask them what they owe on the mortgage and outstanding bills...pay them all off and let them all have a home and a clean slate.

Invest £1 million in my works for a new building to improve the business and to take on additional staff.

Invest £1 million in my fathers karting business on new buildings, fleets of karts and advertising.

Buy a nice old manor house with some land, have it renovated to a nice victorian interior (I love that era)

Have a large barn converted and kitted out so I could collect some nice cars and employ a guy to service and valet them)

Hire a race track for a weekend, invite all my friends and family and have some instructors there, catering and a party.

Sit back, enjoy life but still have to work on some scale or I would go insane.

Oh and a couple of ///M roadsters :D
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Centrally heated garage for at least six cars - the attached house doesn't really matter. :lol:

Silver Z8.

S54 Z3M in Steel Grey with Imola interior (I may be waiting a long time for this :wink:)

Big Healey - either a 100S or a 3000 MkIII.

Personal mechanic to maintain all my toys. :D

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Leave the country........seriously :)

Tim.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
Giles

Not specified

Post by Giles »

It's almost too much to contemplate, seriously I'm not sure I could get up in the morning with the worry of exactly how I was going to spend/distribute.

As a generous sort of chap a good deal of it would go to friends, family and my staff at work, but the rest? Well a pad beside the Ring would be first on the list, then an equestrian property in Oxfordshire or similar with indoor pool complex, gym and cinema.

An indoor karting track, kennelling for rescued/fostered dogs...

And a big feck-off barn for all my four wheeled toys....

Oh and Charlotte ;-)
Z3cade

M roadster S50

Re: £115 Million

Post by Z3cade »

Giles wrote:So seriously then. What would be first on the list ?
If were just talking of first thing on the shoping list it would be for a mint Ferrari F40 :shock:
///M Roadster - Evolve Stage 3
skeete

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by skeete »

1) Phone my boss and tell him he can **** ****** ***** ** ***** ***** **** ** **** up his bottom.

2) Give my relatives a nice chunky surprise.

3) 1 month holiday for EVERYONE I like on a cruise ship down the Amazon

4) Emigrate to California

5) Give my Zed to a worthy and appreciative stranger via a tell me why you would like my Z on Zroadster.net

6) Take an Opel Manta A or another understated 70's coupe and strip down to bare metal, sort the chassis and rollcage, have suspension custom made to suit, brand new running gear, new electrics, LS3 or 7 with 6 spd Auto box squeezed in. Pimp the interior so its like a lightweight version of a Veyron.
ooooohhh yes..

7) Take it to track days and smile lots.

8) Get Gout and a blotchy red nose from too much wine and rich food.

Happy days.
swamper

M roadster S50

Post by swamper »

move next to ainsley harriott..................and annoy the crap out of him :!:

you know its coming harriot...best start ducking :evil:
the badness makes me do it...!

Jamezee

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Jamezee »

Poor old Ainsley, at least he is married to the sister of comedy legend........

John Shuttleworth (my hero) ..http://www.shuttleworths.co.uk/

My favourite song...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K4cEocL5kI
Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one. Harry Callahan.

BMW dust caps x 4 (replica)
Little Tree Air Freshener-Vanillaroma (now worn out and in the bin)
2006 AA road atlas (with the latest safety cameras)
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

I've met a lottery winner this week (he won c£11m 2 years ago). He's just bought a new apartment in Liverpool city centre but rather than pay someone to furnish it for him he has spent the day lugging stuff across town his wife and daughter have been out buying. You would think they are going to live in it themselves the amount of care they are taking over it but its a rental. Nice family and they still appreciate the value of money!

I remember meeting an American who worked for one of the american state lotteries and he had a great story about a couple who won a massive lottery (similar to the OP), the first thing they did was chartered a jumbo, filled it with friends and family and flew them all to barbados for 2 weeks were they had hired the top two floors of a 5 star hotel and paid for everything.

When they got home the wife said to the husband, well thats it we've had our "binge" we'll have to be careful now. The husband had to explain to his wife that they hadn't even spent the interest they had earned :shock: She could just not comprehend how much money they had won :head:
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
Warrior

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Warrior »

I worked for a guy who's former directorship led to him becoming friends with the offspring of a number of oil rich arabs. Such were the difficulties they faced in spending their money some of them took an extremely self destructive path.

One chap once said to him that he could order a Rolls Royce plated in gold, with gold and platinum adornments throughout and by the time he'd finished placing and signing the order would have made enough money to buy several of them. He apparently had a penchant for wiping his backside on the hotel curtains! :?

Anyway, i'd treat family and friends and give a thousand pounds to every ZRoadster member that had previously sent me £1 in a sealed envelope :D
Warrior

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Warrior »

I worked for a guy who's former directorship led to him becoming friends with the offspring of a number of oil rich arabs. Such were the difficulties they faced in spending their money some of them took an extremely self destructive path.

One chap once said to him that he could order a Rolls Royce plated in gold, with gold and platinum adornments throughout and by the time he'd finished placing and signing the order would have made enough money to buy several of them. He apparently had a penchant for wiping his backside on the hotel curtains! :?

Anyway, i'd treat family and friends and give a thousand pounds to every ZRoadster member that had previously sent me £1 in a sealed envelope :D
Warrior

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Warrior »

pingu

M roadster S50

Post by pingu »

Warrior, do you take PayPal? BTW, I'm not sending £3 just because you triple posted :lol: .

First thing I'd pay for is the phone call to the lottery company to confirm the win.
Pingu
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

buy something from Halfords? :D

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
OXO

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by OXO »

DB9 and a Siai Marchetti SF.260
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

actually I'd buy Legend's Z3, and accidentally leave the keys, documents and car at his house..
Hope it's sorted soon T!

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
Warrior

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Warrior »

pingu wrote:Warrior, do you take PayPal? BTW, I'm not sending £3 just because you triple posted :lol: .

First thing I'd pay for is the phone call to the lottery company to confirm the win.
Yes, and luncheon vouchers :D

Triple post, sorry not sure what happened there :oops: :head:
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

gookah wrote:actually I'd buy Legend's Z3, and accidentally leave the keys, documents and car at his house..
Hope it's sorted soon T!
Funny you should say that, as that thought crossed my mind too.

So, I second that. On both count. Hope everything pans out, T.

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
brilie

Z3 roadster 2.8

£115 million

Post by brilie »

Fiist car DB9! When I asked the wife what she would buy? she said what would I do about the begging letters? I told her I shall carry on sending them :!:
devboy

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by devboy »

Robert T wrote:
gookah wrote:actually I'd buy Legend's Z3, and accidentally leave the keys, documents and car at his house..
Hope it's sorted soon T!
Funny you should say that, as that thought crossed my mind too.

So, I second that. On both count. Hope everything pans out, T.

Cheers R.
I don't know the man but I thought the same too. I confess that this wouldn't be the first thing I'd do though.

I suppose I'd buy a nice house in the country (translation = a four-man tent), a large garage for some zeds I'd buy and invest the rest wisely in chocolate and fizzy pop.

If there was any spare change I might look into what needs my immediate family may have.... then again there are so many zeds and chocolate and fizzy pop and...