martlet

What's happening in the wider BMW scene? Gossip and news about forthcoming models. Plus off-topic chat.
Phil

M roadster S54

martlet

Post by Phil »

Marise and I were at Bernie Howell's funeral today (Central Region Chairman BMWCC). Waiting to go into the crematorium we espied a man who looked like Dave Rocke but, you know how it is - 'cant be', 'why would he be here' 'good lookalike' etc

After the very moving and emotional service (music courtesy of Fleetwood Mac and Meatloaf) we went outside to view the floral tributes and the lookalike came up to us for a chat and yes it was martlet.

He no longer has the M Coupe but runs a 7 series, lives in Telford and goes out with the 7 series register.
Good to see him and he is well.
Sapphire black/Imola red and black interior/ red roof/ S54 - the only RHD one made.

"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire."
garyw

Porsche

Post by garyw »

Really pleased that Dave is still in a BMW, I only asked about him the other week.
Just a shame to meet in such circumstances.

Garyw
Phil

M roadster S54

Post by Phil »

Yeah - :cry:
Sapphire black/Imola red and black interior/ red roof/ S54 - the only RHD one made.

"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire."
stu

Z3 roadster 2.8 supe

Post by stu »

Glad to hear he's still doing well. Lovely bloke.
someone in a minority once wrote:I know I'm in a minority
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

The name I remember
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
siwilson

M roadster S54

Post by siwilson »

Yup, Martlet is a really nice chap. I remember He did the S54 cruise control retrofit based on my write-up.

Some change from an M coupe to a 7 series though. Come to think of it maybe he had the M coupe in the boot of the 7 series :)
Giles

Not specified

Post by Giles »

Top bloke and very committed to the runs we did!
ZZZEMMCO
Z Register organiser

M coupe S50

Martlet--

Post by ZZZEMMCO »

Due to access problems to this site--and NO answers to solve the probs--am late to say " Thanks" Dave for your attending OUR Bernies final "Awayday"--You are a GOOD guy--- :)
safetyfast