european breakdown cover

What's happening in the wider BMW scene? Gossip and news about forthcoming models. Plus off-topic chat.
weedram

Z3 roadster 3.0i

european breakdown cover

Post by weedram »

Hi all,

I'm going to the French Alps next month, unfortunately my current breakdown insurance doesn't cover me (as its group insurance can't do anything about it).

So has anyone any recommendations for a breakdown company that provides cover for a one off journey for a reasonable price. It would need to cover a vehicle over 10 years old.

I've been looking at this company http://www.vehicle-rescue.com/ anybody had any dealings?

Any help would be appreciated
regards
Phil
:rtm:
ImageImageImageImage
One Life - Zed it
ZZZEMMCO
Z Register organiser

M coupe S50

Re: european breakdown cover

Post by ZZZEMMCO »

Looks reasonable--cover by AXA for upto 15 year old Vehicle.Conditions to be covered also seem good.Never used them, but would give them a try, if not already covered under present insurers.
safetyfast
garyw

Porsche

Post by garyw »

I know lots of the classic Porker boys go on about ADAC.
I'm not with them, just adding a comment - apparently their website is in German but it covers both Europe and the UK..

garyw
weedram

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by weedram »

Had a look at the ADAC site but as I Can't speak German, thought I would give it a miss. Gone for the vehicle-rescue site quote of £24.75 and like zzzemmco says it has AXA behind it so hopefully it should be ok although I don't really want to find out :P
ImageImageImageImage
One Life - Zed it
Mouldy

Not specified

Post by Mouldy »

Obviously this suggestion will be too late for you on this occasion, but I recently spent some time trawling the net to find an alternative to the RAC for my European Breakdown cover and found this;

http://www.motoringassist.com/breakdown ... own-cover/

Gem have a good reputation in the UK for their breakdown cover and I was interested to find out about their European policy.

I made some enquiries and the quote was very favourable. The breakdown assistance is provided in Europe by Mondial, who I understand provide breakdown cover for Mercedes and BMW on the continent.

I also got a quote from Green Flag, who were slightly cheaper than the RAC, but with a much reduced level of financial cover in the event of a problem resulting in your car being off the road.

In the end, I stuck with the RAC, who on one occasion repatriated my car from France, due to accident damage and provided me with a hire car for the duration of the holiday and right back home, where my own insurers provided a courtesy car whilst my car was repaired. Having experienced the level of service they provided, I find it hard to place my trust elsewhere.

Have a good trip!!!!

Skoda Octavia vRS TSi DSG on Tour at Rocamadour
weedram

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by weedram »

Thanks Mouldy but as you say a bit late this time. It might be a help to anyone else considering the same.

I have to say Vehicle Rescue Direct Breakdown Cover from AXA Assistance so far have replied with an email very quickly and documents to follow.
ImageImageImageImage
One Life - Zed it