Good service Sytner Solihull - a tale of woe

What's happening in the wider BMW scene? Gossip and news about forthcoming models. Plus off-topic chat.
Phil

M roadster S54

Good service Sytner Solihull - a tale of woe

Post by Phil »

Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:55 pm Post subject: Good service Sytner Solihull - a tale of woe

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday morning I decided to replace the rear tyres on the Alpina and went shopping on line for Michelins. Anything from £285 to £390 per tyre. Sytners price £330. As we use them a lot decided to go with them and as they were available immediately decided to book it in tomorrow as I was working.
Last night a group of us went out for a meal in Burton on Trent (at TrickyZ1's) place, The Winery, and at approx 11.30pm, on the way home, between Bassetts Pole island and The Belfrey I had a front tyre blow out doing about 60mph. Managed to get into a nearby layby and call BMW Assist. Big hole in tyre so trailored home.
9.00am this morning phone Sytner Solihull -- err I now need a front tyre so make it a pair so I have 4 new tyres please.
The fronts will be here in 2 hours and we can fit all 4 immediately.
So BMW Assist arrange another low loader to take us there and by 2.30pm car all back together with 4 new tyres. Tracking checked and vehicle all washed and clean.
Not the cheapest, I'm sure, but cant fault the service.
Sapphire black/Imola red and black interior/ red roof/ S54 - the only RHD one made.

"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire."
Gazza

M roadster S54

Re: Good service Sytner Solihull - a tale of woe

Post by Gazza »

How is Tricky? not seen him for years
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
Phil

M roadster S54

Post by Phil »

He wasnt in last night so didnt see him.
The place is well worth a visit. Very trendy and upmarket. Pretty good value and the food is first class.
We all had a good time and wouldnt hesitate to go again.
Sapphire black/Imola red and black interior/ red roof/ S54 - the only RHD one made.

"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire."
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Rich was at Newby earlier in the year. I'm sure he can speak for himself, but he did say he was able to let the restaurant run itself a bit more now, and is enjoying chilling out.

Nice to hear another positive story about a BMW garage, as lately all we seem to hear is about the bad ones - I use two good ones and earlier this week I had a good experience with both BMMiniParts and ATS whilst replacing my spare wheel on the zed - new wheel ordered Friday and arrived Monday lunchtime by courier and spoke to ATS Monday evening, tyre located Tuesday morning, delivered 2pm and fitted by 3.30pm! :shock:

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc