Seems a bit harsh to me

What's happening in the wider BMW scene? Gossip and news about forthcoming models. Plus off-topic chat.
gas guzzler

Z3 roadster 2.8

Seems a bit harsh to me

Post by gas guzzler »

Reading through some old copies of 'Classic and Sports Car' I came across an article on various BMW's and started to read a small article on the BMW Z3 Coupe, the article started like this.

' The flavour of this Z3 based car couldn't be further removed from the Barbie-and-Ken image of the hideous little US-built roadster that is happily receding in the collective memory as one of BMW's rare misjudgements.'

Now that's what I call a harsh and sweeping statement, I can only suppose that the journalist who wrote that must have been run over by someone driving a Z3.
I've been fortunate to be around classic/sports cars all my life and been lucky enough to drive or be a passenger in a vast array of them, and where the Z3 may not be the best it's a long way from being the worst.
Styling wise, apart from the front dropping away a tad to early it's a good looking car, my 2.8 delivers enough power to keep most people happy and in the month of driving mine I've had no handling problems (and the speed going round roundabouts is steadily increasing :twisted: )
I think some of these journalists are so far up their own backsides they also seem to miss the point, not all cars are designed to be tracked or ragged, some are just for enjoying the ride. (small rant over) :)

Suns been out, enjoyed a nice drive home from work with the roof down, and not a Barbie in sight
Andy
Andy

1999 Z3 2.8 RED, back with me
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re: Seems a bit harsh to me

Post by Southernboy »

The writer was quite possibly one of those people who have never had an original thought....and after all, it's safer to go along with "popular" rather than stand alone and give one's own opinion. We all know popular is a synonym for boringly common, tasteless, ordinary, ho hum...etc....etc...
I can speak with some authority on the matter. I have spent the best part of my life pissing in a hurricane....it's not a popular pastime, but it's a helluva lot more satisfying than squatting with the wanna-be's. And when the time comes to meet Peter at the gates....he'd better have some darn good answers before I go in there too. I have visions of those unfortunates who have spent their days being as colourless as they can manage, just so they don't stand out too much and be noticed by their peers. But hey, one has only to look around...the walking (brain) dead are everywhere.
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
Del

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Del »

I get so fed up with these comments I was going to sell mine and buy one of these instead :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkWf4crJ9uI
Radlitt

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Radlitt »

Critics and Journalists often persecute what they don't understand!

Jeremy