New garage floor

What's happening in the wider BMW scene? Gossip and news about forthcoming models. Plus off-topic chat.

Moderator: Gazza

z3bedee

Z3 roadster 2.2i

New garage floor

Post by z3bedee » Tue 09 Jul, 2013 15:36

My garage floor is concrete and constantly dusty. I've tried all the usual methods of sealing it without much success. I painted it with the correct paint and most of it came off onto my tyres. Yesterday my neighbour was having her lounge floor recovered and wanted rid of a large amount of laminate flooring complete with underlay. Say no more said laminate is now covering my dusty garage floor and very nice it looks too. I don't know how durable it will prove to be but for now it seems perfect.

garyw

Porsche

Re: New garage floor

Post by garyw » Tue 09 Jul, 2013 20:42

Looks great :)
However I think the damp creeps into the wood and blows it out eventually
But Yes a result 8-)

Bonzo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Bonzo » Wed 10 Jul, 2013 23:39

A little while ago my wife tried to juggle with curry in our breakfast room. Despite our best efforts to clean it up we were left with a psychedelic stain on the carpet. We claimed on our insurance, got a new carpet and the old one now covers Zelda's garage floor. Much more comfortable for her.

Bonzo.
Z3lda (Zelda), 1998 2.8, Montreal Blue, Beige Oregon leather interior and M steering wheel, Sports Seats, Wood trim, Chrome Line Interior, Centre armrest with Cupholder, Alpina Softline wheels, Chromed Angel Eyes, De- tango'd, Rear stone guards, Sport aerial, ASC front strut brace, Strong Strut Butt Strut and Body Brace, Uprated brake fluid, Yellowstuff pads 78k.

Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy » Thu 11 Jul, 2013 09:22

...carpeted garage floor makes really good sense...must be really comfortable when working under the car!!! You could fall asleep while working :roflmao:
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions

Bonzo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Bonzo » Thu 11 Jul, 2013 12:06

I can fall asleep anywhere!
Z3lda (Zelda), 1998 2.8, Montreal Blue, Beige Oregon leather interior and M steering wheel, Sports Seats, Wood trim, Chrome Line Interior, Centre armrest with Cupholder, Alpina Softline wheels, Chromed Angel Eyes, De- tango'd, Rear stone guards, Sport aerial, ASC front strut brace, Strong Strut Butt Strut and Body Brace, Uprated brake fluid, Yellowstuff pads 78k.