Want to see two Lancasters flying? (w/ video)

What's happening in the wider BMW scene? Gossip and news about forthcoming models. Plus off-topic chat.
pingu

M roadster S50

Want to see two Lancasters flying? (w/ video)

Post by pingu »

http://www.warplane.com/lancaster-2014-uk-tour.aspx

There are several opportunities to see both the Canadian Lancaster and the BBMF Lancaster flying together this autumn. It is very unlikely that you will get this opportunity again.

If anyone has any peferences for dates, please post them. I can try and arrange a route to suit, or we could just meet at the chosen venue(s).

I'm thinking that Tuesday 2nd September looks like a good one. Two Lancasters overflying a taxiing one. Three Lancs in view with the noise of 12 Merlins :D .
Last edited by pingu on Thu 21 Aug, 2014 17:54, edited 1 time in total.
Pingu
pingu

M roadster S50

Re: Want to see two Lancasters flying?

Post by pingu »

Tomorrow (134021Aug2014Z) at RAF Waddington is worth a visit. Two Lancasters, two Hawks and a Vulcan :D .
Pingu
Zed Carer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Zed Carer »

pingu wrote:http://www.warplane.com/lancaster-2014-uk-tour.aspx
I'm thinking that Tuesday 2nd September looks like a good one. Two Lancasters overflying a taxiing one. Three Lancs in view with the noise of 12 Merlins :D .
Tickets for the 2nd and the 7th September Sold Out a few weeks ago. Waddington on the 21st looks possible but current forecast is for 15 to 16mph winds and the Lancasters are limited to a maximum crosswind of 15mph for take-off so might be borderline. There is talk on other forums of people going late tonight to make sure of getting into Waddington tomorrow.

I spent 5hrs on the 8th of August trying to see the Canadian Lancaster on the final leg of it's journey - found a perfect spot in the Lincolnshire Showground just south of Scampton and saw the Red Arrows take-off but then they re-routed the Lancaster further east :head:

The 2 Lancasters are due to return to Coningsby on Sunday for scheduled maintenance after they have been at Dunsfold, Carfest and Little Gransden - the estimated times are:
Dunsfold 13:30, Carfest 14:00, Little Gransden 14:35 then flypasts: Bourn 14:45, Stamford 15:05, South Rauceby 15:20, North Thoresby 15:50 and Strubby 16:00 so landing at Coningsby shortly after 16:00.
Hers: Z4 2.0i Sp --------------------- His: Z3 2.8
motco

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by motco »

I had hoped to see them at Airbourne airshow at Eastbourne last Sunday, but the wind speed kept them on the ground unfortunately. :(
pingu

M roadster S50

Post by pingu »

What you missed today...

Pingu
pingu

M roadster S50

Re: Want to see two Lancasters flying? (w/ video)

Post by pingu »

A properly edited video...

Pingu