Tracing previous owner

What's happening in the wider BMW scene? Gossip and news about forthcoming models. Plus off-topic chat.
peter2b

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Tracing previous owner

Post by peter2b »

Might be a bit late but I have just (2months ago)got a z3cat C, reg Y252JHB 104k miles blue hood, blue/black seats,blue centre piece, tataniun silver paint,I'm in tbe process of trying to find the last owner, found a Oxford halfords receipt in the boot ,at least I have a name
Peter2b

Moved to the appropriate section - Gazza
TR4man

Z4 coupe 3.0si

Re: Tracing previous owner

Post by TR4man »

Does it not state the previous owner on the V5c?

When I was researching the history of my Triumphs I downloaded a form from the DVLA website which requested the names and the (then) addresses. I seem to remember that the document was called a V888, but I may be wrong. Go on the website and I'm sure you'll see it.
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

DVLA will release the info on previous owners for £5.00 if you can give a good enough reason for the enquiry.
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian H »

Gazza wrote:DVLA will release the info on previous owners for £5.00 if you can give a good enough reason for the enquiry.
Is that £5 per owner Gazza or for the full history? i.e. 4 owners is 4 separate enquiries therefore £20
TR4man

Z4 coupe 3.0si

Post by TR4man »

Brian H wrote:
Gazza wrote:DVLA will release the info on previous owners for £5.00 if you can give a good enough reason for the enquiry.
Is that £5 per owner Gazza or for the full history? i.e. 4 owners is 4 separate enquiries therefore £20
That is for the full history as per my earlier reply using the V888
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian H »

TR4man wrote:That is for the full history as per my earlier reply using the V888
akirk

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by akirk »

and the reason need be no more than - restoring car and wanting to make ure it is accurate...

Alasdair
mnbrennan

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by mnbrennan »

TR4man wrote:
Brian H wrote:
That is for the full history as per my earlier reply using the V888
I did this, stating that I wanted to track previous owners to see if they had the spare keys
Now: '99 Z3M Coupe in imola red
peter2b

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by peter2b »

Did you get them? That's why I need to find out
Peter2b