F1 this year (Spa)

Photos and reports from past events
Michael McGovern

M roadster S50

F1 this year (Spa)

Post by Michael McGovern »

Planning on going to a formula one race this year. Presume it will be Spa as its easy to get too and in my opinion is one of the big races.

Will be camping and getting a GA ticket. Anyone else been/going and have some advice?

well just though id find out if i was prior book that weekend, i am its my cousins wedding. I have asked her to change the date but she though i was joking.... anyone been to any of the others? Monaco would be good but i can imagine you dont get to see much. Whats the atmosphere in Barcelona like?
pingu

M roadster S50

Post by pingu »

I'm planning on going to Monaco on the Saturday as it's only £45.

Looks like a great year ahead Hamilton & Button in the same car, Schumacher back and Alonso in a Ferrari.
Pingu
Michael McGovern

M roadster S50

have you been to Monaco before? Im thinking of doing the whole weekend at one of the races, i can see Monaco being a pain getting in and out every day to take advantage of cheaper accommodation.
pingu

M roadster S50

Post by pingu »

Michael McGovern wrote:have you been to Monaco before? Im thinking of doing the whole weekend at one of the races, i can see Monaco being a pain getting in and out every day to take advantage of cheaper accommodation.
I don't know yet. I've just found out that my son can't go, so I'll be on my own, which makes accommodation easy - sleeping bag in the back of a van, perhaps.

I'll probably only do the Saturday, though.
Pingu
Michael McGovern

M roadster S50

iv been wanting to get a van for ages, but i already have 2 cars, i cant really justify it. :(

iv read up a bit on the GA tickets at Monaco, apparently it worth while getting a seat at this one as the places in the GA sections are usually hanging of the side of a rocky side ect with no screens about.

maybe i could drive down to the spanish GA then do GA Thurs and sat monaco and sunday seated and have a weeks holiday in between? but that does mean il prob have to bring my gf instead of my mates.

spa would of been so simpler.

if i do end up going Monaco we should meet up for a beer or two.
garyw

Porsche

Post by garyw »

I'll be at Monaco this year :D
We are based on a Yacht in the harbour, so water taxi to and from the hotels... :)
Even have the table booked for the lunch on the Saturday practice...

Dropped on lucky getting intoduced to a ex F1 PR guru...
Oh! and Yes were paying for it :shock:

The wifes first visit to a F1 and whilst we agree not the most exciting race, it has a certain thing about it.

garyw
Michael McGovern

M roadster S50

beers are on you then :)

Sounds like you are going to have a blast, give us a wave from the boat. il be the guy hanging off a rock up a hill with the rest of the poor people.
pingu

M roadster S50

Post by pingu »

Michael McGovern wrote:beers are on you then :)

Sounds like you are going to have a blast, give us a wave from the boat. il be the guy hanging off a rock up a hill with the rest of the poor people.
I'll need a beer after hanging onto a rock at Rocher for three hours :shock: .
Pingu
garyw

Porsche

Post by garyw »

I just don't think I could do it with the masses :? - well not with the wife
But hey we'll throw you a beer :)

I do actually enjoy the masses at the Lemans 24hour though :?

garyw
mushama

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by mushama »

Hi,

I've been to Spa before and even though it's a cool track, it's not easy to overview. I would not go to Spa again.

This year I'll going along with my girlfriends dad, We'll be going to Hockenheim. It's easy to overlook, the surroundings are very high class and it's a real high-speed circuit.

Don't go along and buy a 1 day ticket. Stay there for the whole weekend. You'll get to see Porsche Cup, Ferrari Cup, F3000 racers and a lot of other cool stuff.

Oh yes... Make sure you get a ticket from where you can see the time-board or else you'll lose track of the ranking after 5 rounds. Very important to remember this!

Have a nice trip whatever you'll end up doing :-D
Best regards
Morten
Michael McGovern

M roadster S50

just got two tickets to the Spanish f1 planning on driving down from the eurostar, doing the ring on the way too if its open to public when i am there.
Michael McGovern

M roadster S50

the route to spanish F1, any recommendations?

So far includes,
Calais euro star
nurburgring
swiss alps and all the twisty roads
stelvios pass
lake Como
Col de Turini
Monaco
Circuit de Catalunya
Courageous

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Courageous »

Swing by ours Mike - we'll have a Guiness and a bottle of Tullamore Dew here waiting for ya! :D May even link up with ya if I can get off work for the race?
In the land of the pigs the butcher is king.
Michael McGovern

M roadster S50

sounds good it would be rude not to, you are so close to the track you could go for a long business lunch? :)
Last edited by Michael McGovern on Tue 16 Feb, 2010 23:06, edited 1 time in total.
Courageous

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Courageous »

Lunch break..... yep, I remember those :D Lets speak closer to the time and fix things up!
In the land of the pigs the butcher is king.
Titan

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Titan »

Michael McGovern wrote:the route to spanish F1, any recommendations?

So far includes,
Calais euro star
nurburgring
swiss alps and all the twisty roads
stelvios pass
lake Como
Col de Turini
Monaco
Circuit de Catalunya
I didn't know you could put cars on Eurostar :puzzle: (Did you mean Eurotunnel? ) :oops:
Nor is it the most direct route to Barcelona
But I wouldn't mind coming with you !!!!!
Hope you have a great trip and remember to take lots of pictures :D
Image :devil:
mushama

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by mushama »

YES - just got two tickets for German GrandPrix July 23. - covered grandstand :-D
Best regards
Morten
Michael McGovern

M roadster S50

euro tunnel it is then, to be honest i thought that's what the tunnel was called not the train as well.

I was only intending on doing the ring once but im now thinking how many days can i stay and keep my gf entertained? are there shoe shops local?
Titan

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Titan »

Michael McGovern wrote:I was only intending on doing the ring once but im now thinking how many days can i stay and keep my gf entertained? are there shoe shops local?
Doesn't matter how many whatever shops there are - you've got no room for anything else in the boot :lol:
Image :devil:
Michael McGovern

M roadster S50

i know i wanna bring my helmet for the ring but cant for the life of me see it getting in the boot. I suppose i could wear it.
pingu

M roadster S50

Post by pingu »

Off to Monaco now. I get the 0124 Eurotunnel tomorrow morning and will be hanging off Rocher on Saturday :shock:
Pingu