Cars in the Park Newby Hall 9th May 2010 - NOW WITH TIMES

Photos and reports from past events
100GRA
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by 100GRA »

A great day after an oh-so-chilly start at Boroughbridge. Many thanks to all concerned for organising the day.

Graham (& Peta)

Orinoco

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Orinoco »

Hi all
Had a great day today at Newby Hall. :) Good to see everyone and putting names to some cars/owners. Thanks to Titan and Zed Carer for organising the display.

A great turnout of varied Zed's, all fantastic. Drove home wishing the hardtop was off as it turned out to be a glorious sunny day! It will be off by next weekend, I will buy a shed to house it in if needs be. :P

I'll post some pics later.

Looking forward to the next one already.

Regards
James
(Orinoco)
Last edited by Orinoco on Sun 09 May, 2010 22:14, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

Hi all

Had a great day, nice to meet everyone and it was lovely sitting in the sun admiring all our zeds and wondering what is soooo fascinating under the bonnets :? It's okay I know it's a man thing :D

Photobucket playing up, can't upload any pics so I'll try again later.... noticed that a certain pink zed keeps appearing centre stage though :shock:
barbie_princess08

Z3 roadster 1.9

great day

Post by barbie_princess08 »

Thanks every1 for a great day....weather turned out well in the end....it was lovely to meet every1....can't wait for the next 1 :)
zopar

Z3 roadster 1.8 TU
Location: East of Chester when in Cheshire & Twixt Brough and Hull in Yorkshire

Post by zopar »

So first they put me in the Laundry bag (suppose I should be grateful that is was leopard skin pattern) – saying to me I might shed mega Border Terrier hairs in the Z3 – as if I would ;-)

The day then began to look much more favourable at a service station called Wetherby; I then had much fussing from the Ladies whilst I lounged in my mistresses co-pilot seat – knew it was going to be a great day.

Finally arrived at Newby Hall – oh so many ladies handbags to look in and tyres to inspect – no I did nor disgrace myself, at 14 years old I know when to ‘hold it!

My mistress enjoyed meeting the owners greatly – such genuine people, master has now got the tips for keeping Z3 in good order – for a 1st meeting all happy.

If they behave, I may let them go to Harewood House with me in September. Hobbes, Angus & K (Zopar).
Zed Carer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Zed Carer »

Pictures currently loading to Photobucket so will post later.

Thanks to everyone who kept me up to date before the day and for arriving promptly at the various meeting points (well all except one - but there always has to be one :roll:) in plenty of time.

Nice to meet old and new faces and even the weather behaved itself :sunny'

As for Titan and the parking arrangements :bow'

Just waiting to see what others can come up with for Tatton and Harewood :D'
Hers: Z4 2.0i Sp --------------------- His: Z3 2.8
seasurfer

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by seasurfer »

Hi Everyone
Great day out and lovely to meet you all. I really enjoyed the day, and joining up with Snoops on the way to the meet was fun.
I had a great drive home, 141 miles, top down till i got to ingleton where it started raining. Got a few thumbs up from peeps on the way home, always makes me smile. First time I have been on a decent run out in old zeddy and he was brilliant :D
Great to see so many zeds all together and the park was lovely. Dont know who was behind me when i took the photo through my wing mirror, somebody will recognise themselves hopefully.
As you can see, the parking in a straight line hasnt improved :D
Thanks to all who organiserd today.

Gill

[/url]
ImageImageImage
Daz2626

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Daz2626 »

Great day out again :D Thanks to Zed Carer and Titan for your military precision and organising :wink:
Canman, keep an eye out for the flying fruit :devil:

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Mod Edit: Image links converted to BBCode
Last edited by Daz2626 on Sun 09 May, 2010 20:43, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

Thanks ZC for organising a brilliant day.
zopar

Z3 roadster 1.8 TU
Location: East of Chester when in Cheshire & Twixt Brough and Hull in Yorkshire

Post by zopar »

seasurfer wrote:Hi Everyone
Great day out and lovely to meet you all. I really enjoyed the day, and joining up with Snoops on the way to the meet was fun.
I had a great drive home, 141 miles, top down till i got to ingleton where it started raining. Got a few thumbs up from peeps on the way home, always makes me smile. First time I have been on a decent run out in old zeddy and he was brilliant :D
Great to see so many zeds all together and the park was lovely. Dont know who was behind me when i took the photo through my wing mirror, somebody will recognise themselves hopefully.
As you can see, the parking in a straight line hasnt improved :D
Thanks to all who organiserd today.

Gill

Zopar is directly behind you with hood up to prevent doghairs flying everywhere. Such a great day.
Angus
Last edited by zopar on Sun 09 May, 2010 20:43, edited 1 time in total.
Zed Carer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Zed Carer »

Just a few pictures of the day

Waiting patiently to get directed to a parking space in the ZR Fan - as someone said "Just like getting on the ferry"

I'm sure that we can fit at least one more in that space

At last we could all sit and relax in the sunshine and admire the Pink Z3

Titan couldn't wait to have a go
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Well you lot didn't waste much time in getting your piccies up. I went for a wander and when I came back most you had gone - and it was still only 3.15pm - no doubt so you could all be first home and first to post on ZR. :lol:

Many thanks to Titan and ZC for their organisational skills. I did my best to make a mess of Titan's artistic layout of the zeds, but he still managed to pull it off. 8-)

He forgot the stepladder for me to take the pictures from though. :P

Off to a bad start at Ferrybridge - we can't even park up to a line painted on the floor. :head:

Waiting to go into Newby Hall

Titan's artistic arrangement of zeds

The pink one that I just couldn't lose sight of - even when I closed my eyes! :lol:

So it is a BMW colour! :P

This one was wombling around with its hat on.

Something old and something new
Image Image

A lightly modified midget and some extras from The Italian Job
Image Image

The drive to the show didn't exactly go according to plan. I could swear I set off with a steel grey ///M behind me, but after the first roundabout it had morphed into an Atlanta Blue 1.9! Someone went off on a bit of a tangent, but at least she managed to find Wetherby services. :lol:

Just before we left Wetherby I distinctly remember Bill saying that we were going on an A-road that ran parallel to the A1(M). "Can't miss it", he said. The road we took turned out to be a very funny A-road. Three lanes. Looked suspiciously like a motorway. Hmmmm. :roll:

At least we managed to find our way from Boroughbridge to Newby Hall without any slip ups - though it was a close run thing.

Noticed my car had a tendancy to not want to roll as I was parking it back in the garage. When I got out there was a distinct smell of hot brakes. Looks like my front left brake is binding and must've been for quite a few miles as the centre of the wheel was rather warm. It will be getting looked at tomorrow. :cry:

Thanks for a great day out. Nice to see a good many familiar faces and plenty of new ones too.

Looking forward to the next one. :D

Cheers R.
Last edited by Robert T on Sun 09 May, 2010 21:06, edited 2 times in total.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
gelertd1

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gelertd1 »

What a grand day out!

Lovely venue, great bunch of people and a stunning exhibition from the Yorkshire Formation Parking Team :bow :bow

Even the pigeons behaved themselves (I was parked rather close to a big tree :o

A few pics - Ferrybridge - convoy (Zeds as far as the eye can see) and Newby :)

Got 'lost' :lol: on the way home and ended up spending a couple of hours on more of the rather excellent back roads to East Yorkshire and home.

And as a finale to the day - filling the tank revealed that despite all the 'B' road spanking I'd managed 33mpg from a 2.8 :shock:
Last edited by gelertd1 on Mon 10 May, 2010 13:02, edited 1 time in total.
Zed Carer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Zed Carer »

Robert T wrote:Well you lot didn't waste much time in getting your piccies up. I went for a wander and when I came back most you had gone - and it was still only 3.15pm - no doubt so you could all be first home and first to post on ZR. :lol:

Many thanks to Titan and ZC for their organisational skills. I did my best to make a mess of Titan's artistic layout of the zeds, but he still managed to pull it off. 8-)

He forgot the stepladder for me to take the pictures from though. :P
Robert - I can't see your photos :cry:
Canman

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Canman »

that photo of the parking at ferrybridge, well look close it all goes wrong when the pink one arrives, it changed the whole day really. :D

Please help. The money will go to a good cause. email me for the link to my fundraising page.
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Zed Carer wrote:Robert - I can't see your photos :cry:
Might be my anti-hotlinking tweak I made a little while back. Can anybody else not see them? If so, I'll make it a bit less restrictive. :(

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc

Post by Guest »

I can see them fine Robert :)
aceman

M roadster S50

Post by aceman »

I can see them OK :?
Aceman

Arctic Silver '98 Z3M

Previously;
Bright RED '99 Z3 2.8

Rocking seats ? You need seat bushes click HERE
whiteminks

M roadster S54

Post by whiteminks »

What a fab day!

Excellent organisation ZC and I was amazed at how well Terry's fan shape turned out after fears of multiple collisions! :)

It was lovely to catch up with old friends like Rob T, ZC, Jontt and Deano and meet new people face to face. Terry was a gas ( well he would be wouldn't he :wink: )

Great to see a lot of girls out in force too like Seasurfer, Snoops, Barbie Princess and Dot and lot of others whose names I can't remember :oops:

Rob T and I went to have an ice-cream, a scone and a drink and walk around the plant show. We got a little delayed as some poor old chap needed some medical attention and when we got back to the zed fan there were just 3 diehards left. :wink:

Anyway moooooooooooooohst excellent and hopefully see you all again soon! :D
big cheesy wrote:'I nearly cacked my trolleys till I quickly tuned in'. Yorkshire Cruise 2008.
Zed Carer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Zed Carer »

Robert T wrote:
Zed Carer wrote:Robert - I can't see your photos :cry:
Might be my anti-hotlinking tweak I made a little while back. Can anybody else not see them? If so, I'll make it a bit less restrictive. :(

Cheers R.
Robert you have PM
Stanzie

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Stanzie »

Hi everyone,

This was our first trip out with the Zroadster gang and we would like to thank all for making us welcome. Really enjoyed browsing 'round all the other Zeds and having a few chats on the way.

At least now, we'll be able to put faces to names whenever the threads pop up.

Thanks to Zed Carer and Titan for all the organisation and parking.....that must have been the biggest tape measure I've ever seen!!! Is everything always bigger in the construction industry???

Looking forward to the next one.
Ragtop

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Ragtop »

Looks like you all had a great time. Always good to see a lot of Zed's together, really enjoying the pictures. :)

Ragtop
maurice the martian

Z4 roadster 3.0i

Post by maurice the martian »

Hi all.
A big thanks to ZC for a great day out ,and of course Titan with is piece of string .Great parking.
It was also nice to meet so many friendly people and put faces to names at last ,and to drool over all those tasty Zeds.
Look forward to the next meet.
Cheers Maurice and Andrea.
Orinoco

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Orinoco »

Hi
Here are some of the pics of the brilliant day.

So here goes.

Zed Carer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Zed Carer »

Apologies for pinching gelertd1's picture - but you can get Zeds in a straight line as long they're moving and not just standing still :D'

w4tkins

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by w4tkins »

Looked like a fantastic day,

Had a family party and couldn't make it :head:

great photos and quite like the look of barbie girls motor (a quality paint job and attension to detail but sorry not the coulour :lol:)

Thers always next year of santa pod!!!!
Image My Journal
Favourite Quotes:
Rob Tan wrote: The Z3. Purely medicinal.
TREGZY wrote:''Ive seen the way you drive.....you got a heavy foot''
Titan

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Titan »

w4tkins wrote:great photos and quite like the look of barbie girls motor (a quality paint job and attension to detail but sorry not the coulour :lol:)
The photos really do not do justice to the colour. The pearl paint seems to confuse the CCDs in digital cameras.
In the flesh it was stunning and a work of art to be proud of. I accept it may not be everyone's taste but this one "worked"
You've seen my face driving it but you should have seen the face on a little 3-ish year old girl who was allowed to pose in it and have her picture taken :colourful:
Image :devil:
Ian_C

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Ian_C »

Thanks for sharing the pictures. Fantastic turnout and looks like you had a great day.

Shame I couldn't make it however I was recovering from a 40 mile charity walk the day before :fade http://www.keswick2barrow.co.uk/home.asp
Current...1998 ///M Coupe
Previously...1997 Z3 2.8
Canman

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Canman »

Titan wrote:
w4tkins wrote:great photos and quite like the look of barbie girls motor (a quality paint job and attension to detail but sorry not the coulour :lol:)
The photos really do not do justice to the colour. The pearl paint seems to confuse the CCDs in digital cameras.
In the flesh it was stunning and a work of art to be proud of. I accept it may not be everyone's taste but this one "worked"
You've seen my face driving it but you should have seen the face on a little 3-ish year old girl who was allowed to pose in it and have her picture taken :colourful:
i'll second that Terry, thought the Zed looked amazing and the finish was quality. some great touches and loved the seats with embroided intials. 19" wheels , remus exhaust, simota, pink head unit, angel eyes. was nice to see some Glamour and made all the other Zeds look almost , dare i say it, dull...... Ashton can go on back row in future :D stealing the limelight. one thing for sure that Zed is a real head turner and i loved it. A true girly Zed. :wink:

Please help. The money will go to a good cause. email me for the link to my fundraising page.
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

I thought the pink car was great.

If its going to be done it might as well be done well and it sure was :thumb:

Does not mean you would own it yourself but you had to admire the quality of work and thought that had gone into it. It just worked somehow and would be a lot of girls dream come true as we saw on the day :D
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
seasurfer

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by seasurfer »

all the other Zeds look almost , dare i say it, dull...... :
Canman :shock:

Gill
Last edited by seasurfer on Tue 11 May, 2010 07:45, edited 2 times in total.
[/url]
ImageImageImage
barbie_princess08

Z3 roadster 1.9

great day

Thanks for all the comments about my zed, glad you all liked it, i must admit my dad did a great job....to be fair though every1s zed looked spot on n i cud see u all take great care of them! It was such a nice day n every1 was lovely...really can't wate to meet up agen to see you all...really looking forward to santa pod....shud have a wicked time there....once agen thanks so much for all the comments! xoxo
barbie_princess08

Z3 roadster 1.9

keep an eye out for the flying fruit!!!

Canman, keep an eye out for the flying fruit :devil:

That was soooo funny wen u came out wiv that...am giggling writing this!!! :)
Canman

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Canman »

flying fruit hurts i can tell you , good job it wasn't a melon, i would much prefer a nice pair , sorry pear in my face :wink: :devil:

Daz2626

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Daz2626 »

Canman wrote:flying fruit hurts i can tell you , good job it wasn't a melon, i would much prefer a nice pair , sorry pear in my face :wink: :devil:
Pears come in tins aswell u know :devil:
billz

Z4 roadster 3.0si

Post by billz »

I have to agree in the flesh Barbies car looks the biz. If some one told you they had done this to there Zed we would probably all cringe. But the colour is the best pink i have seen on any motor and for a girl/woman i have to admit this works. Not OTT or tooo blingy. A credit to her Dad. Barbie think you should do some plugs for your Dads respray company he has done a brill job.
Image ImageImageUploaded with ImageShack.com
Z3 3.0 Sports Sold
Z4 3.0si Ruby Black with Champagne Leather and Piano Black Dash
Alfie
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Alfie »

Excellent turnout and great pics.
A real credit to the organisers.

It's so cool that the world of ZED is still alive and kicking.....

8-)

A.