Post by Ragtop »

Another cruiser, welcome to Zedona.

9 cars confirmed

5 passengers

3 x 2 for lunch
Ragtop

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Ragtop »

As this has gone on to a 2nd page I thought I would post the route and the updated cruiser list.

Here is the new amended cruise route for Sunday 18th April.

Cruise Route

We will meet in the Winchelsea Lodge on the A259 from 9am for tea and coffee and will set off at 10am prompt.

There will be 3 photo opportunities on the route at Sellindge, Dungeness and Camber and we should be back at Winchelsea Lodge for lunch at approx. 1pm.

Those confirmed so far are:-

Ragtop + 1 + Lunch
Hang em High + 1
Mr Silver + 1
AndyAMH + 1 + Lunch
Z3M Jason
Shantybeater
Rob13
dlammas + 1
Zedona + 1 + Lunch

It would be useful to know whether you are bringing along a passenger and whether you require lunch.
Last edited by Ragtop on Wed 31 Mar, 2010 20:46, edited 3 times in total.
Z3M Jason

M coupe S50

Post by Z3M Jason »

Ragtop,
I am trying to get a mate to come in his Coupe as well.....will let you know if he can make it!
Jason :)
Z3M Coupe:- MAC Motoren Airbox, MAF Removed, Prospeed Full system with race cats, Full Dyno setup & Live Remap, 18" BBS LM's,
AC Schnitzer Race Coilovers, H&R Anti Roll Bars + Drop Links, Recaro Pole Position seats, Sparco Steering Wheel, Strut Brace, Porsche Calipers/CSL disc Conversion + Custom made rear discs, Braided Lines, 3.46 Hawthorn Motorsport 40% LSD diff and Digital Racelogic TC (To follow).
Ragtop

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Ragtop »

Ok Jason good luck with that. I have a couple of local guys who may be able to make it as well.
BMWKris

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by BMWKris »

so long as work doesn't get in the way, count me in!!! i'll come for lunch too, will be travelling from Chichester on the morning if anybody wants to drive down in convoy from over this side of sussex, please feel free to join me!!
Kris
Ragtop

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Ragtop »

Hope you can make it Kris. I will put you down as a maybe until you can confirm.

Ragtop
Hang_em_high

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Hang_em_high »

My 9 yr old lad wants to come with me, so its me +1 now :)
Ragtop

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Ragtop »

I'm sure he will have a good time. Lets hope the rain stops by the 18th April. I am planning to have half hour stop at Dungeness so people can see the train come in or climb up the lighthouse if they want.
AndyAMH

blank.gif

South East Cruise

Post by AndyAMH »

All done ..mot and taxed so looking to the 18th
Ragtop

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Ragtop »

Due to potholes that have not been repaired I have altered the first part of the route. This amended route will give us more mixed driving. New route at the bottom.

When we get to the big roundabout on the outskirts of Ashford with mega traffic lights on it make sure you take the road signposted Sellindge A20, not the M20.

I will be at the Winchelsea Lodge at 9am but if anyone gets there earlier they can go into the lodge and get tea/coffee or even breakfast. We will be parked in the overflow car park. We will be leaving the lodge at 10am.

Those confirmed:-

Ragtop + 1 + Lunch
Hang em High + 1 + Lunch
Mr Silver + 1
AndyAMH + 1 + Lunch
Shantybeater
Rob13
dlammas + 1
Zedona + 1 + Lunch

Those who are not on list for lunch, please let me know if you want to stay for lunch as I need to let the Lodge know.

I will print maps off for everyone with a phone number for anyone who may get lost or any emergency.

New Route
Last edited by Ragtop on Thu 15 Apr, 2010 21:48, edited 1 time in total.
chimaera

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by chimaera »

Is that you Ragtop .. we met just outside the soveriegn cafe in Bexhill today ? Green Z ,

Passed MOT no probs. :drive
Ragtop

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Ragtop »

Hi chimaera. Yes that was me couldn't resist parking my Zed next to your Zed. Hang -em-high turned up 2 minutes after you left! We had a good Zed natter over a coffee for 2 hours in the sun. Good news about your mot although you were confident it would pass. I have sent you an email.
Mr Silver

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Mr Silver »

Just a heads up...

"When we get to the big roundabout on the outskirts of Ashford with mega traffic lights on it..."
These will be the first traffic lights we come to on this route. It is pretty much imperative that you get in the THIRD lane on the approach to them (up a slight rise). You can be wiped out on this junction if you even so much as look cheerful!

From a terrified local...
Ragtop

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Ragtop »

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

I can see you know this roundabout well, perhaps you would like to lead at this point. :lol:
M3 PCO

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by M3 PCO »

Ragtop,

Thanks again for the head up via email. My Beetle was due to be used in a short film that weekend in London but I dont think it will be on now.

So providing I get insurance sorted out on the BMW i'll get it out of the garage. Sold the Porsche now, its gone :(.

Bit of an early start for me on a weekend, can you make it a few hours later ;) :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ragtop

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Ragtop »

It would be great to see you there Paul. Hope you get the insurance sorted for your Zed, if you could let me know as soon as you know. :drive

Shame about sale of your Porsche. :(
Rob13

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Rob13 »

Can we get this put on the homepage under the 'events'??? we may get a few more takers?
I used to have a '97 2.8 Z3 50k FOR SALE £4699 Shorter 'M' Cup Sport gear knob,M Steering wheel, Alpine / Infinity audio, 18" Alpina style wheels, Clear indicators all round, cold air feed and modified airbox. Miss April in the '09 Calendar.
ImageImage
Ragtop

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Ragtop »

I agree Rob do you know how to do that. I will put on a post asking how.
Z3M Jason

M coupe S50

Post by Z3M Jason »

Guys, sorry I cant make it now! The M has gone.......was hoping to come in the new toy but I am picking it up on Sunday so cannot make it :(( Very sorry....
Jason
Z3M Coupe:- MAC Motoren Airbox, MAF Removed, Prospeed Full system with race cats, Full Dyno setup & Live Remap, 18" BBS LM's,
AC Schnitzer Race Coilovers, H&R Anti Roll Bars + Drop Links, Recaro Pole Position seats, Sparco Steering Wheel, Strut Brace, Porsche Calipers/CSL disc Conversion + Custom made rear discs, Braided Lines, 3.46 Hawthorn Motorsport 40% LSD diff and Digital Racelogic TC (To follow).
Kris

M roadster S52

Sun 18th.

Post by Kris »

Hi Ron,
I'm afraid I really struggle to follow how all this forum stuff works!--Suffice it to say that I've just managed to find the details again for this Sun. I would like to pop along, but I have my 8yr old daughter with me, so I think doing the whole thing would be a bit long. However, if it would be alright to turn up at the Winchelsea lodge at lunchtime,i.e. about 1pm, that would be great. As for any lunch, I'd rather play that by ear if that's alright.
Thanks, Kris.

Oh, you say the W.Lodge is on the A259, yes?
Ragtop

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Ragtop »

Thanks for letting us know Jason. Hope you enjoy your new toy, is it Zed related.
Ragtop

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Ragtop »

Hi Kris, yes that would be fine for you to meet us at the W.Lodge at 1pm

Another option would be for you to drive straight out to Dungeness, we should be there at 11.30ish at the mini train station by the lighthouse, from there we drive through Lydd, Camber and Rye to the W.Lodge, that way you get to have a shorter drive. Will be good to see your S54. :)
M3 PCO

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by M3 PCO »

Ragtop wrote:Hi Kris, yes that would be fine for you to meet us at the W.Lodge at 1pm

Another option would be for you to drive straight out to Dungeness, we should be there at 11.30ish at the mini train station by the lighthouse, from there we drive through Lydd, Camber and Rye to the W.Lodge, that way you get to have a shorter drive. Will be good to see your S54. :)
Is there any stops en route for any amazing photos? A full line up by the beach? I want to bring my camera, but am also thinking about just meeting up at the Lodge at 1:00 as I have quite a few jobs on.
Ragtop

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Ragtop »

Yes we will be stopping in Sellindge & Dungeness for some amazing group photos, not sure about a full line up on the beach though. Leave the jobs Paul, enjoy a couple of hours top down driving. :lol:

:sunny :drive
Z3M Jason

M coupe S50

Post by Z3M Jason »

Ragtop, well its not Z related sadly but it is savagely quick.....
Courtenay Sport Stage 4 VX Turbo

I hope you all have a lovely day, the weather should be on our side :)
Ragtop

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Ragtop »

I hope you all have a lovely day, the weather should be on our side :)[/quote]

Thanks Jason, yes the weather looks good. :sunny

Your new car certainly looks a bit of a beast, you will have a lot of fun in that. :drive
Kris

M roadster S52

Post by Kris »

Ragtop wrote:Yes we will be stopping in Sellindge & Dungeness for some amazing group photos, not sure about a full line up on the beach though. Leave the jobs Paul, enjoy a couple of hours top down driving. :lol:

:sunny :drive
Hope to see you tomorrow Ron. Just thought I'd mention though, to avoid any disappointment, I don't have an S54, just an M. I don't know how that information got to you, but it was not from me!
Ragtop

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Ragtop »

S54 :oops:

It will be good to see you there Kris.
Ragtop

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Ragtop »

Hi Kris I have just noticed S54 on your profile. :!: Thats where I got it from. :?
Titan

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Titan »

Hope you all have a great day :wave
Image :devil:
Ragtop

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Ragtop »

Thanks Titan, weather looking good, :sunny blue skies and light winds. :thumb:
Kris

M roadster S52

Post by Kris »

Ragtop wrote:Hi Kris I have just noticed S54 on your profile. :!: Thats where I got it from. :?
I don't know how that happened--I have never put anything on any profile!!
Kris

M roadster S52

Post by Kris »

Ragtop wrote:Hi Kris I have just noticed S54 on your profile. :!: Thats where I got it from. :?
I've just noticed the year was wrong--maybe that was it?
Zedona

Z4 roadster 3.0si

Post by Zedona »

Just wanted to be the first to say A GREAT BIG THANK YOU to Ragtop for organising a brilliant event.Looking forward to the next one and meeting the same friendly crowd. :squeeze:
Ragtop

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Ragtop »

Thanks for your kind words Zedona. However I am sure you will agree it was a fantastic day because of the fantastic group we had.
Rob13

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Rob13 »

Hi Guys

Thanks for the great day out and a special thanks to Ragtop for the organisation - a perfect mix of driving and stops I thought.

240 miles door to door and 29.2mpg.....not bad for enthusiastic driving compared to the 23mpg stop start traffic in london.

It was good to chat to fellow enthusiasts and see some great cars.
I'll try get my pictures up when I am in from work.
I used to have a '97 2.8 Z3 50k FOR SALE £4699 Shorter 'M' Cup Sport gear knob,M Steering wheel, Alpine / Infinity audio, 18" Alpina style wheels, Clear indicators all round, cold air feed and modified airbox. Miss April in the '09 Calendar.
ImageImage
AndyAMH

blank.gif

South East Cruise

Post by AndyAMH »

Fantastic day ,good route,great weather , fantastic company ,, and smashing cars Thanks to all concerned And boy have i got a new shopping list,see you all again Andy
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Any pics ???
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
Titan

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Titan »

garythefish wrote:Any pics ???
Try HEREGary
Image :devil:
bowei001

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by bowei001 »

Ron & Gail, thanks for organising such a great day. The weather couldn't have been better and the route was ideal. It was nice to put names to faces and to see all the beautiful cars and we look forward to seeing you all again. Sue & Ian
M3 PCO

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by M3 PCO »

Gonna do it again this year???
Ragtop

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Ragtop »

Paul, where have you been? We had the cruise a few weeks ago, these are the pics. from it.

http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30280

If you fancy a bit of a drive there is another one taking place this Sunday. This is the thread.

http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30095

Or another one later this month.

http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30558

Ragtop
M3 PCO

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by M3 PCO »

I have been busy with VW's

Just insured the Zed and dusted it off!

Just in time for the rain :roll:
Z3Topaz22

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Z3Topaz22 »

Hi Guys and Girls

In case you have missed it...... there is a cruise organised for Surrey / Sussex area Z owners on Sunday 8th May 2011 meeting up at Newlands Corner nr Guildford at 8.45am

Check out the posting thread and join up for a good run out / lunch optional.

Cheers :thumb:
Driving for pleasure.... not for purpose!

2001/Y BMW Z3 2.2i Roadster / Topaz Blue

ImageImageImageImage