NORTHERN BMW FESTIVAL 11th JULY - Tatton Park, Knutsford

Photos and reports from past events
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

NORTHERN BMW FESTIVAL 11th JULY - Tatton Park, Knutsford

Post by Jonttt »

Another one for the diary.

Tatton Park is a great venue and pretty easy to get to off the M6 so hopefully we can get a good Z turnout :D

We had a nice parade in last time I was there:

but this is what happened to my car :shock:

Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
Zed Carer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Zed Carer »

Are we meeting up for bacon butties first :D'
Hers: Z4 2.0i Sp --------------------- His: Z3 2.8
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

We met on a supermarket car park in knutsford last time, not sure what time they open for breakfast though on a Sunday. We need Rob to do a "recce" :D
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
Dave L2

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Dave L2 »

Rob is on his Hols at the moment, but he is aware that the date this year has changed.

When I spoke to him last he was planning to start organising the Tatton meet when he gets back into the country.

Watch this space :)
Tufarlian

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Tufarlian »

Booth's Supermarket.

According to their website Sunday opening is 09:30 to 16:00, with the "Tea Room" open from 10:00 to 15:30.

Bacon butties in their "Tea Room" (aka cafe) were good last year.

10:00am should be early enough for a meet shouldn't it? It's only 10 minutes into Tatton Park from there.
Malcolm E Zed

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by Malcolm E Zed »

Do you have to be a BMW owners club member to show your car in amongst everyone else?
W444 LKR

M roadster S50

Post by W444 LKR »

I'll be up for this one again.
MikeR
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by MikeR »

To Malcolm E Zed
Membership of the BMW Car Club is not required to join in with this event - the more the merrier! The Club feels that new members might want to join the BMWCC if they see what the organisation has to offer. No doubt when Robert sees this thread he will spring into action and organise the drive into the park, whilst on the day, I will go on ahead to make sure that we have the space for the Zed's (not too good last year as we only had space for 12 cars but we had over 20 attending!!!)
MikeR - BMWCC member
Malcolm E Zed

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by Malcolm E Zed »

MikeR wrote:To Malcolm E Zed
Membership of the BMW Car Club is not required to join in with this event - the more the merrier! The Club feels that new members might want to join the BMWCC if they see what the organisation has to offer. No doubt when Robert sees this thread he will spring into action and organise the drive into the park, whilst on the day, I will go on ahead to make sure that we have the space for the Zed's (not too good last year as we only had space for 12 cars but we had over 20 attending!!!)
MikeR - BMWCC member
Cool Many Thanks
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

You lot have no bleedin' patience, do you. :roflmao:

I am back and still shivering as it is 20 degrees (C!) cooler here than where I've just been!

I'll see what we can sort out for this one - there are a few things I need to check out first as Cheshire Council are being a bunch of idiots for the classic shows, so I need to make sure there are no such issues for the BMW Fest.

Booth's worked quite well last time, so I'm happy to keep that as the start venue - need to find a suitable endpoint and route if we are going to do a run as well.

With luck it might be warmer rain in July! :lol:

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
Tufarlian

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Tufarlian »

I know Rob and Dave L2 and perhaps others put a lot of effort into organising this last year.

I live in Cheshire so if I can help this year please let me know.

Mark
Canman

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Canman »

hi im interested in coming on this event and the shifts work out too :)
is it a ticket event ? if so is pay on the day or prepay. 70 miles from Rotherham and i get to go over the winding roads of the peak district. :wink:
another Zed day to look forward too. 8-)

Please help. The money will go to a good cause. email me for the link to my fundraising page.
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

Its a pay on the day as you drive in.

Theme this year is convertables so we should get a decent spot to park in together :wink:

Take some spare cash with you though as there should be some good trade stands and last year there was a great guy doing dent removal for bargain prices :wink:
Canman

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Canman »

cheers Jonttt, can we have this event moved into the centre section so newbies can see the event.
looking forward to it, im a definate so whoever takes the reins for this one put me down.
cheers

Please help. The money will go to a good cause. email me for the link to my fundraising page.
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

I think Rob is going to post up a proper diary section thread closer to the time.
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

I'll post up a proper thread in the coming weeks. In the meantime, you can ask me about it next weekend at CITP. :wink:

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc