3rd July - Demon Tweeks, Wrexham

Photos and reports from past events
Mad Max

blank

3rd July - Demon Tweeks, Wrexham

Post by Mad Max »

I don't know if anyone else on here is local or is interested, but I'm organising a meet on BMWowner.com at Demon Tweeks in Wrexham. Please feel free to join us, I'll probably be in my Z and it'd be nice to have company :lol:

The more the merrier :)
Hi everyone,

I've been talking to Demon Tweeks about a meet for a while, and badgering them as to what they can do for us. In brief I've got a 15% discount on labour booked for the day we and that includes their amazing Hunter 4WA machine - well worth a go if you haven't had your tracking done lately. 10% off most products they have, and that's a hell of a lot of products! They'll also put some BMW-orientated deals together for us, so it's worth turning up :)

Here's the details:

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/

Demon Tweeks
75 Ash Road South,
Wrexham Industrial Estate,
Wrexham,
North Wales.
LL13 9UG

A little about DT:
Welcome to Demon Tweeks

The world’s leading retailer of high performance equipment and accessories for motorsport competitors, car tuners and motorcycle enthusiasts. For over 39 years we have focused entirely on these exciting, high octane and innovative markets, developing an unrivalled product portfolio and an exceptional level of expertise.

OUR STAFF - Totalling over 130 people, they handle upwards of 15,000 enquiries received every week from around the UK and the rest of the World. Many of our staff are active car and bike enthusiasts with many coming from a racing, modifying or riding background. So when you ask for advice, they can offer a wealth of valuable practical experience to help resolve technical issues and are able to advise you on the best solution.

OUR STOCK - Our impressive 140,000 sq.ft. Superstore and warehousing facility in Wrexham, North Wales allows us to carry around £5 million worth of stock at all times, over 200,000 items – more than any competitor. From this, any stock item ordered before 4pm is available for same day despatch to anywhere in the World. If you are in the UK, our next day delivery service means you get the goods when you want them. Our rapid despatch and no quibble money-back guarantee are here to give you the customer real confidence when ordering. – You can count on us.

OUR HISTORY - Demon Tweeks was established and founded in 1971 by Alan Minshaw to service the needs of the Motorsport Competitor. Alan, an accomplished racing driver since 1958 and former motor trade salesman, identified the opportunity to supply everything the racer could need from one source. His principles of offering top products, quality, service and rapid availability are as important to Demon Tweeks today as they were in the beginning.
...and here's what they've said:
Specific parking for you all at the right-hand side of the building, ideal for photoshoots, chats, grouping cars etc - there will need to be access still for trucks unloading & loading but we will speak to you on arrival. Depending on numbers, you may also have to use the staff car park.

Burger Van - Great burgers and drinks available on site.

Why not take advantage of the specific deals on offer for you and your members ?
15% discount off all tracking and/or labour (fitting services) for all pre-booked jobs for that day (only on parts that will be paid for here on the day). All work must be pre-booked via Kevin Manley on 01978 663031 or KevinM@demon-tweeks.co.uk

10% discount on all items purchased in the showroom or fitting centre on the day, whether available on the day, or sent / collected at a later date. Please note there are just a couple of product lines that discounts cannot be given on eg Pioneer ICE, some tyres - these will be informed at the time of purchase as it's very few. These offers can not be used in conjunction with any other offer.
They also have some rules:
A few notes that we require you to do/note :

Please keep us up to date with numbers attending - we will try and make sure it's as organised as possible for the correct amount of cars.

There is a speed limit of 5mph whilst in the grounds of Demon Tweeks - it's a normal day of business for us and quite often familes/children around . Anyone from your group found ignoring our rules will result in the whole group being penalised and asked to leave, this is just a cautionary note and not one that we have had to refer to before. On the subject of speed we would also advise abiding by the highway laws as it's normal to see a Police presence on and around the industrial estate.

One person collect the discount vouchers on arrival - please hand back when making a purchase.
Speaking purely from personal experience I've always had great service and competitive prices from them. They've supplied many of the expensive bits on my car! ;) The shop itself is very impressive, a few race cars dotted around and tonnes of stock - literally! The times I've been in there you could eat your lunch off the workshop floor. They've also started doing mountain bike stuff, so if anyone's interested in that too there's plenty to look at :)

Who's in then? :) I'd suggest meeting at 11am-12pm ish.

www.BMWowner.com

1. Max
2. Heskey
3. Lee (maybe)
4. Dan
5. Dal
6. Liquid
7. Coxy
8. Cat
9. Fletch
10. Steve
11. Fleets
12. dobbie832
13. Tigger
14. krazypara3165
15. Fatladandy

www.Zroader.net

16. Jonttt
Last edited by Mad Max on Sat 19 Jun, 2010 00:25, edited 1 time in total.
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

Max, I'd love to make this. I visited last year and its a great run for me from Warrington via Oulton Park (especially if there is some racing on, will have to check).

I've put it in my diary so count me in :wink:
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
Mad Max

blank

Post by Mad Max »

Excellent! Be nice to see that motor of yours in the flesh :)
Mad Max

blank

Post by Mad Max »

On a side note I live literally ten mins from Oulton, if you're ever going down for a race or a track day - let me know :)
Mad Max

blank

Post by Mad Max »

Well, that was genuinely dissapointing it has to be said!

At least it gave me a chance to have the Zed 4WA'd:

Daz's e60:

Cat's 328:

Mike's M3:

Mine:

Andy's 323:

Dan's 323:

Paul's Aprilia:

Great weather for it too... I put the poor turnout down to e36coupe being down at the moment :(
TaffZee

blank

Post by TaffZee »

Damn, missed this!, did not see it in the posts! I was at a loose end on Saturday as well, would have liked to come and say hello. never mind catch you on Sunday.

Jim.
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

Sorry Mad Max, I guess I have to get used to baby's taking priority at short notice :roll:

Hopefully catch you at Tatton on Sunday :D
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
Mad Max

blank

Post by Mad Max »

I won't be at Tatton this weekend, and after that turn out I don't think I'll bother organising again.
garyw

Porsche

Post by garyw »

Mad Max wrote:I won't be at Tatton this weekend, and after that turn out I don't think I'll bother organising again.
I learned never to do an event that your not prepared to turn up to on your own... :(
Luckily its never happened yet :o

I was out blatting around some great roads local to Demon Tweeks in the good weather.. :drive

garyw