Walney Island mini meet

Photos and reports from past events
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Walney Island mini meet

Post by Jonttt »

A big thank you to seasurfer for organising today and for the warm welcome we all received.

One thing it confirmed though was I much prefer my Z to the TT's and I'll never be a kite surfer :shock:

Highlight of the day was a guy showing off his stage II turbo TT and Titan spotting a snail in the engine bay, classic :roflmao:
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: Walney Island mini meet

Post by Robert T »

Jonttt wrote:Highlight of the day was a guy showing off his stage II turbo TT and Titan spotting a snail in the engine bay, classic :roflmao:
Ah, but had it overtaken the car, or was it just hitching a ride. :lol:

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
rgf

Not specified

Post by rgf »

A snail in the engine bay?
Maybe that made 'is-car-go
Ian_C

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Ian_C »

rgf wrote:A snail in the engine bay?
:groan:

Pics of the day anyone?
Current...1998 ///M Coupe
Previously...1997 Z3 2.8
Zed Carer

Z3 roadster 2.8

What a great day out

Post by Zed Carer »

Firstly thanks to Gill for organising a thoroughly enjoyable day out - our day began soon after 7:00am after Aiden had been reminded by Mrs ZC that he was expected to wash and clean his teeth before we left. :lol:

Wet run over the Pennines, bacon butties at Birch services, then torrential rain on M61 / M6. Saw Jontt briefly at Lancaster services before continuing to Walney - hope that someone got a photo of Jontt leading a group of TT's into the car park :D'

All the Zeds:

Zeds and the TT's

Aiden and I couln't believe the number of competitors - photos from our walk down the beach;

By now the sun had come out so after a nice chat with others we left and came back via Kirby Lonsdale and then across to Hawes as Aiden has never seen Ribblehead Viaduct - after leaving the A65 we hardly saw another car all the way to Ribblehead. Aiden not all only saw Ribblehead but got a bonus as well:

After a tortuous run through Wensleydale we went south towards Ripon and had 20+ miles of deserted A and B roads :D' with the Z3 passing 82,000 miles on the way. A quick dash down the A1(M) and we arrived home at 7:15pm - two tired but happy boys and a dirty Z3 that hadn't missed a beat in 305 miles of rain, showers and sun. I think that the mpg might just be a bit lower than usual but we are all ':D

Hope that everyone staying over has a great time and those traveling home have safe journeys.

Once again thanks Gill for organising and congratulations to Jontt for winning the best Z3 competition.
Hers: Z4 2.0i Sp --------------------- His: Z3 2.8
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

:oops: ssssssshhhhh
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
snoops

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by snoops »

Well we've just got back from Walney, had a great time.

Run up was, as stated, mixed weather so no roof down :(, I parked with the Zeddies and sent my other half down the car park to park with the TT's :D.

Thanks so much Gill for inviting us and organising everything.

Had a quick catch up with other Zedders on the car park - nice to meet you all again but the beach was calling.

We went up and down and up and down the beach all day until 7pm ish, walked miles in the glorious sunshine from lunchtime onwards and we went to our B & B thoroughly shattered and our little faces glowing from the sun. Think tomatoes and you won't be far off :shock:

Saw Jontt win a lovely trophy for his "Zedroom" - it was for pimping his ride I think 8-), anyway it wasn't a silver one that won so that's okay, never would have heard the last of it :devil:

Went into Barrow for a chinese meal and as if we hadn't walked enough we walked back to the B & B :shock:

B & B was nice, had a lovely cooked breakfast this morning then back down the beach to catch up with Gill again and meet Gary and say our goodbye's.

Had a lovely drive back having had a real nice short break, had so much fresh air we'll probably all be in bed again at 9pm.

We've no pics of zeds or TT's for that matter, other half had the camera, I'm sure there'll be more piccies as peeps get home..
Image...........No Mods...... I like him just the way he is
Titan

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Titan »

Lovely to meet up with everyone and do something different :thumb:
Jonttt wrote:A big thank you to seasurfer for organising today and for the warm welcome we all received
Seconded - we had a lovely weekend. Never been to "the biggest cul de sac in the world" before but have decided we must go again :)
Jonttt wrote:Highlight of the day was a guy showing off his stage II turbo TT and Titan spotting a snail in the engine bay, classic :roflmao:
Shame we didn't get a picture of the little creature before the embarrassed owner of the TT drop kicked it across the car park :oops:
snoops wrote:Think tomatoes and you won't be far off :shock
Yep - know the feeling - was surprised how much glow was in our cheeks once the sand had been showered off!
snoops wrote:Saw Jontt win a lovely trophy for his "Zedroom" - it was for pimping his ride I think 8-)
Shhhh - you weren't supposed to tell anyone :D :D

Didn't get any Z pics, but here's a few from the beach.
Apologies to Gill - she doesn't like having her photo taken :|

The slipway

Gill on the beach - she's the one in black :wink:

Glorious view from the water's edge

Gary taking some air

Gary heading out for another run

Leaving the hotel this am :(

Had a quiet run home via Coniston Water, Windermere and then down the A684 into Yorkshire, roof down all the way although it was a bit mizzly in places.
Best bit was we were heading "out" of the Lakes so had a quiet roads with most people going/queuing in the opposite direction :lol:
Image :devil:
Stanzie

Z3 roadster 2.8

Walney Island

Post by Stanzie »

Had a great day out yesterday! :)

Thanks to Gill for organising everything and thanks to the TT chaps for letting us join their party. It was a good day including the weather! What a glorious afternoon!

Was good to meet up with fellow zedders again and chew the fat, would've like to have done more, but with visiting uncles and walking dogs we ran out of time and legs (of the four legged kind anyway).

Had a good run back stopping off at Newby Bridge for refreshments before a pleasant run back over the Dales.

Last edited by Stanzie on Wed 08 Sep, 2010 20:19, edited 12 times in total.
seasurfer

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by seasurfer »

Hi Everyone

Hope you all enjoyed your trip to Walney. Great to see the zeds here, and a big thankyou for coming up to see us all.

I thought it would be nice to ask three of the kitesurfers to come and choose one of the Zeds, the one they would like to own and all three picked the same car, Jontt's M. we did the same for the TT's,
John, it was £20 each not £20 shared :wink: :wink: :D anyhow, well done, no doubt you will be adding that to your avatar.

I resisted asking them to choose further, between the two :D

I have finally sorted some pics out for the others to see. The top 3 are of hubby in action.

Sorry i missed a few of you to say goodbye. Hope you all had a safe journey home and look forward to seeing you again soon x

I talked all day saturday from 7am till 9.45pm, had a quieter day today but im wacked and off to bed now.

Last edited by seasurfer on Sun 08 Aug, 2010 21:34, edited 1 time in total.
[/url]
ImageImageImage
Titan

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Titan »

Robert T wrote:
Ah, but had it overtaken the car, or was it just hitching a ride. :lol:
rgf wrote:A snail in the engine bay?
If you really want terrible puns, the snail was using shell fuel ..............
snoops

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by snoops »

seasurfer wrote:

I wondered if you would "snap" the top picture :D .. we appear to have excellent taste in cars :D

Gill... do my eyes deceive me, is your bonnet up on the 2nd picture :shock: :shock: :shock: :D
seasurfer

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by seasurfer »

Hi Snoops

Couldnt resist taking the top picture - how kind it was of you to protect my two motors from anyone parking next to me :D

We have excellent taste, and love the sound of your TT. Heard a couple of very nice comments about Zippy's colour too.

The bonnet which is up was one on the lads from the north east, and it was black :shock: mine is silver :D I was shamed in to opening mine and had a photo taken and its on the TT forum now :( Anyhow, got some tips for cleaning under there and under zeddy's bonnet too so i am going to be busy over the next few days.

Everyone has gone :( the beach is empty :(

Gill
[/url]
ImageImageImage
snoops

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by snoops »

Have you had any confessions from the TT owner who brought a pet with him ? :D
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

Gill, I can't believe it took you 6 months to tell the Audi guys you had upgraded to a BMW :D
seasurfer

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by seasurfer »

Jonttt wrote:Gill, I can't believe it took you 6 months to tell the Audi guys you had upgraded to a BMW :D

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :wave
[/url]
ImageImageImage
seasurfer

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by seasurfer »

snoops wrote:Have you had any confessions from the TT owner who brought a pet with him ? :D

Yes, it was Les with his stage 11 Turbo with a snail sat on his engine :D
We didnt get chance to get a photo of it though, it was whipped off and given a new home on the golf course.

Gill
[/url]
ImageImageImage
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Looks like a terrific day out 8-)
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
Dolfan

M roadster S50

Post by Dolfan »

Hi Gill,

Some great pic's and looks like a great time was had by all, I see you have great taste in cars :D I too owned a silver MK1 which I sadly miss. I pop over to the forum and TTshop to see how you all are from time to time :lol:

Here is a pic of her.

Regards Yan

seasurfer

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by seasurfer »

garythefish wrote:Looks like a terrific day out 8-)
It was. The weather was really good, a wet drizzly start to the day then about 10ish the sun came out for the rest of the weekend.

I am pleased the two hand made trophies went down well. I thought it would be nice to tie-in the comp with the two groups of cars we had.

Luke and Lewis really enjoyed looking over the cars, something totally different for them to be asked to do too aswell.

Gill
[/url]
ImageImageImage
seasurfer

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by seasurfer »

Dolfan wrote:Hi Gill,

Some great pic's and looks like a great time was had by all, I see you have great taste in cars :D I too owned a silver MK1 which I sadly miss. I pop over to the forum and TTshop to see how you all are from time to time :lol:

Here is a pic of her.

Regards Yan

Hi Yan

That is one very very nice MK1 you had there. Love those wheels and the partial roof painted, and the side vents. Why did you sell it :bawl:

The TTshop is very good, i struggle with the zed to find bits and pieces in one place, there doesnt seem to be one reputable supplier (maybe someone can point me in the right direction if there is)

People keep asking me which would i choose and why have both. The answer to that is i can afford to have both at the moment, and i love them both for totally different reasons

TT - like brand new, near on perfect condition inside and out, drives absolutely perfect and love the iconic shape and stylingand a boot we can get a surf board in and a few kites :D

Zed - love the topless driving, seems smaller than TT, a propers drivers car and love the shape of iand most of all, i could listen to the straight 6 ALL DAY LONG :D .
Gill
Last edited by seasurfer on Tue 10 Aug, 2010 16:55, edited 2 times in total.
[/url]
ImageImageImage
Titan

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Titan »

seasurfer wrote: love the topless driving
No wonder you object to having your picture taken :shock:
seasurfer

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by seasurfer »

:roflmao: :roflmao: :wave

Well, i do, its so different :D
[/url]
ImageImageImage
rgf

Not specified

Post by rgf »

seasurfer wrote:
Yes, it was Les with his stage 11 Turbo with a snail sat on his engine
How can I resist....... was it Les Cargo?

How many more can I milk from this!!?
snoops

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by snoops »

rgf wrote:How can I resist....... was it Les Cargo?

With any luck - no more... :shake:

Though I have to admit it was probably the best of a bad bunch :D
Titan

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Titan »

As the intrepid snail was being carried by the car, it was actually more cargo, not less.
snoops

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by snoops »

but it was Les not less..... :wink:
seasurfer

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by seasurfer »

snoops wrote:

With any luck - no more... :shake:

Though I have to admit it was probably the best of a bad bunch :D

Snoops, i hope you are refering to rgf's comment and not les's TT :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
[/url]
ImageImageImage
seasurfer

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by seasurfer »

Jonttt wrote:Gill, I can't believe it took you 6 months to tell the Audi guys you had upgraded to a BMW :D

Hi Jonttt

The audi guys always say black is best for the colour of their tt's, so i didnt tell them as i intented to turn up at a meet in old zeddy, then see the look on their faces, but i never got around to it till saturday.

Gill
[/url]
ImageImageImage
Dolfan

M roadster S50

Post by Dolfan »

Thanks for the compliment Gill, I sold the TT out of necessity rather than choice as I moved to the US for a while.

I have yet to find a facility like the TTshop for our Zeds, not sure there is, all you need under one roof would be great. :)

Your so lucky having both, 8-) however, I still get to drive a TT as my Sister has recently purchased one....Silver of course! :D And your correct you just can't beat the sound of the straight six on full chat the Zed brings a smile to my face every time I take her out.....And the TT :D
seasurfer

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by seasurfer »

Hi Everyone

This is the video made from the weekend

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZzbznds ... r_embedded
[/url]
ImageImageImage
Hard Top

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Hard Top »

Wow, I have seen the odd kite on the beach over here, but have never seen anything like that before.
Broken bones as well :shock:
I saw that you got to have your BBQ, but it did look like it was a bit on the chilly side over there.
What is that structure offshore? (I don't mean the windmills)

HT
HT

Titan's apprentice. :D
Titan wrote:Occupations ?
Official Devil's Advocate :devil:
Leg Puller
Micky Taker
http://www.lde.nu/index.htm
seasurfer

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by seasurfer »

Hi Hard Top

Wondered where you've been hiding :)

I think it was a rig in the background. It has now gone. It was there for just a few days, must have been on route somewhere.

Mostly, all we see, apart from the wind farm which is 7 miles off shore, is the odd seal to see what we are doing :D

I was out in my kayak one day and a seal popped up and gave me a right fright. We have a seal colony living on the south end of the island, about 100 of them, and occasionally a handful will come up to have a look at our beach. As long as the bull seal doesnt pop up i'll be ok, he is absolutely massive and i have only seen half of him.

Gill
[/url]
ImageImageImage
seasurfer

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by seasurfer »

Hi, its a very colourful extreme sport but this is one reason we wont be going to Tarifa - far too busy :D

Gill
[/url]
ImageImageImage
Hard Top

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Hard Top »

This is what they like to do on the beach over here. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-WdWSbc0II

HT
HT

Titan's apprentice. :D
Titan wrote:Occupations ?
Official Devil's Advocate :devil:
Leg Puller
Micky Taker
http://www.lde.nu/index.htm
seasurfer

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by seasurfer »

Thats Brill - bet there are a few swear words amongst that lot - bet the commentators have fun too.

That would be a great kite buggying beach :)

Gill
[/url]
ImageImageImage
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

Video is great Gill and I actually recognise some of the faces I met there :D
seasurfer

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by seasurfer »

Hi Jonttt

This article was in our local paper on monday, it is Luke Whiteside, one of the surfers (with the hat on) who chose your car.

http://www.nwemail.co.uk/sport/intenati ... ome/2.3320

He has done such alot for a youngster already.

Gill
[/url]
ImageImageImage
snoops

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by snoops »

seasurfer wrote:Hi Everyone

This is the video made from the weekend
That was really good to watch again, we didn't catch much of the water action live but saw all the beach action and it was great entertainment.

Thanks for posting link... :thumb:
Dolfan

M roadster S50

Post by Dolfan »

Now that looks like fun. Great video Gill 8-)
seasurfer

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by seasurfer »

Hi Dolfan

It is great fun, especially when they crash and you are behind the camera :D :D bit hard to keep the camera still if im videoing though :D like these two below:

:D :D

The sport makes good photos though, hubby having a practice -

This one is not going wrong - hubby scoreing alot of points in one of the comps and is called a 'Deadman' :D

I have had word already off some of the TT members and they want to come a gain next year, so hopefully the zeds will come back too, with a few more members.

Gill
[/url]
ImageImageImage
Dolfan

M roadster S50

Post by Dolfan »

Nice action shots. 8-)

To perform those kind of stunts I would say your require a great deal of upper and lower body strength not to mention the cardio conditioning that is required...Fair play!

A Zed and TT meet count me in. :D

Yan.
seasurfer

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by seasurfer »

Zed and TT meet, it worked very well, we will have to do it again for sure.

Not alot of strength needed really, its mostly technique. In simple terms, You wear a harness with a speader bar at the front which you hook your kite into, then stear the kite to the position you need. Of course if you are fit it is better but you dont have to have brute strength. It certainly gets you fit though. I would say your legs get the fitest, they are like cast iron with the workout they get.

Gill :wave
[/url]
ImageImageImage
necoo

Z1 roadster

Post by necoo »

Had a great day out yesterday! Smile

MOD EDIT: Spammers are not welcome here.
Spammers meet the BANHAMMER!
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

Spammers are pathetic, makes me never ever want to use there products / services so rather defeats the point doesn't it. If they are that desperate for business they can't be any good :D
zedder3

blank

Post by zedder3 »

Looks like a cracking day out this!
No zed at the moment but always on the lookout!
seasurfer

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by seasurfer »

Hi Everyone,

Another video of the Land-Boarding and Land-Buggying event at the Kiteiva at Walney last weekend.

Think i spotted Snoops daughter on there too.

http://forum.kitecrowd.com/kite-videos/ ... 85765.html

Gill
[/url]
ImageImageImage
snoops

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by snoops »

1 minute into the 1st video Amy and Ray are there (well the back of them).

All 3 of us are dotted all over the 2nd one (in the distance)

At the end of the 2nd one - seems to be Sat morning - Zeds arriving :D

Good watching :thumb:
seasurfer

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by seasurfer »

Hi Snoops

Those guys are amazing on their buggy's and land-boards.

The Zed in the video is Stanzie and his wife and wooffy arriving. They walked miles that day too.

Gill
[/url]
ImageImageImage