European tour looking for input from you all

Photos and reports from past events

Where would you like to visit on the Euro 2004 cruise?

Stelvio Pass in Italy
29%
Bavarian Alps
35%
Swiss Passes
18%
D'Isere Pass and the surrounding area
No votes
Italian Lakes and Mountains
6%
St Mortiz and the surrounding area
No votes
Austrian scenic drive
12%

Total votes: 17

DavidM
Z Register member

Z4 M roadster

European tour looking for input from you all

Post by DavidM »

If there is a possibilty that you may come along what would you like to cover?

Post further ideas to this thread as well please
Giles

Not specified

Post by Giles »

Can't vote - you haven't included the Ring.......
DavidM
Z Register member

Z4 M roadster

not included

Post by DavidM »

because it is very dependant on our dates matching up with their open track days

DavidM
ZZZEMMCO
Z Register organiser

M coupe S50

Nurburgring 2004

Post by ZZZEMMCO »

:) This years meeting will take place from 9th - 11th August.special price from Hoverspeed on Dover/Calais for a 5 Day return.

:)Car Club Manx Tour, includes Isle Of Man Mountain circuit drive.From 10th - 13th September.3/4 Star Hotels, inc Ferries and welcome reception, most meals.Will be great Value.
safetyfast
DavidM
Z Register member

Z4 M roadster

Post by DavidM »

ZZZEMMCO where do we get more details
Zmeagol

Z4 roadster 3.0i

BMW Club Driver Training

Post by Zmeagol »

The BMW Club Driver Training is held when the circuit is closed to other users, and is spread over 3 days.

John, what sort of cost is involved? And would roadster owners be obliged to wear crash helmets?

Tim
ZZZEMMCO
Z Register organiser

M coupe S50

Nurburgring 9th - 11th August

Post by ZZZEMMCO »

:) All details should be on line within the next few weeks, as from last year, booking was also possible.They were trying to get payment included, to save bank charges. Cost in 03, was £ 660 per driver which included, 3 Days tracktime with instruction in small groups of approx 14-16 cars.Will have an English instructer & Coach , if we have the number of cars.Price includes Welcome dinner, 3 Lunches, Awards evening dinner.Hotel close to Ring, approx £34 PP per night single.Ferry 5 Day Return approx £126.For roadsters Helmet,s are a MUST.Safety is what this meeting is all about.When you buy a public ticket, you are never sure who will also be on circuit, coach or nutter and sad to say, too many bikers and some drivers dont enjoy their visits. 2 of the days, are 12 hrs , so you get a lot of track time, with all sections split into coned area,s.The awards are for a perfection lap, on your own, with approx 30 sec between cars.Not who can break the lap record. Its the 42nd year, and my 23rd.
safetyfast
DavidM
Z Register member

Z4 M roadster

Blimey - thats ...

Post by DavidM »

a tad expensive
Giles

Not specified

Post by Giles »

Agree with David it does seem expensive BUT nevertheless for me the structure of the event and track time available appeals big time :P

John - what I'm wondering is whether this opportunity is likely to continue on an annual basis? (I'm saving now for 2005 perhaps!) - I know that 2004 is rumoured to be the last year that the Ring will be open to the public on a 'turn up and drive basis' and I wouldn't want to miss the opportunity of never being able to experience the most exhilarating drive of my life again....
Zmeagol

Z4 roadster 3.0i

Pity about the helmets

Post by Zmeagol »

DavidM (King Of Chrome) wrote:Blimey - thats ... a tad expensive

Pity about the helmets, I don't fancy wearing a skid lid for three days in the middle of summer. The cost, though, is about what I expected. Two days training at the Spartanburg Performance Center costs about £1400 for two drivers sharing one car. Having had four (albeit short) sessions at Spartanburg I think driver training is the best performance aid you can buy.

Tim
ZZZEMMCO
Z Register organiser

M coupe S50

Nurburgring 2004

Post by ZZZEMMCO »

:) This is the 42nd year, would hope the meeting goes on for ever, but-you never can tell.Nurburgring gmbh are just the same as UK tracks, will screw as much as poss each year, and when manufactorers will pay any price for testing, what chance do we stand.Brands & Goodwood price for 1 day in 03 was £250.The BMW Company school at the Ring, is over £1000 for 2 days. Difficult to quantify, 21 Km laps of legend to remember for ever, or ?. Do understand about Helmets, BUT-there was a fatality a few years ago.Drivers take a 5 or 7 series against a special Armco section, built on a straight, just for us.Steer against without brakes, to stop car from 50kph, to show you accident avoidance , you dont get that and other things ,at a normal trackday.
safetyfast