Summertime and the cruisin' is great.

Discussions on better road driving, advanced courses and the like
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Summertime and the cruisin' is great.

Post by Southernboy »

Just been out for a 120km run to the capital - Pretoria and back...roof down, sunshine, blue skies, and that distinctive purr of an inline six.... Highway driving all the way with only the salesmen and mamas on the roads.....what it is to have a Zed in :sunny South Africa !!!
For all you wet wet wet fans in the UK.... I did think of you...but only briefly. :D
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
PCSAM

blank

Re: Summertime and the cruisin' is great.

Post by PCSAM »

I hope a seagull shits on your head :D :lol:
actually the sun is out here in scotland today ...... it may be a mirage so ill take the dogs out fora walk to and look for the palm-tree :)
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Odd you should say that...It missed my head and plopped on the BMW badge of the bonnet !!!
Enjoy the sunshine and your walk...You can go without your hat...It'll be like having the top down driving.... :D
"Normal is overrated"

Z3cade

M roadster S50

Post by Z3cade »

Aaaaaa shut uuuuuuup........ :x
///M Roadster - Evolve Stage 3
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Ahemm.... is there an undertone of envy in these comments :devil:
"Normal is overrated"

geminimustang

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by geminimustang »

isn't there a chance of being eaten by a large cat with the top down on the zed or aren't they as fast running as they appear on the tv?
PCSAM

blank

Post by PCSAM »

yes I hope a baboon shits in your cigarette lighter socket and pissed in your air-con vents ...... :D
I took the dogs out but its was so cold I had to get the sheepskin flying jacket out :shock:
have a nice day :squeeze: :twisted:
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

The sentiments expressed here are touching.....as far as fast cats go, I have a Bengal as a pet. He sleeps on my couch. Keeps the sh**ing baboons etc away... :D :D
Yes the weather is terrific...35C. today, after some late night sub-tropical rain, complete with electrical activity, huge thunder etc... very African.... I expect it'll rain during the night again tonight..well that's what the weathermen say...I don't mind that, as long as the days are sunny for top down driving...without flying jackets, Russian hats and or raincoats, sweaters etc etc ... :sunny
"Normal is overrated"

PCSAM

blank

Post by PCSAM »

Southernboy wrote:The sentiments expressed here are touching.....as far as fast cats go, I have a Bengal as a pet. He sleeps on my couch. Keeps the sh**ing baboons etc away... :D :D
Yes the weather is terrific...35C. today, after some late night sub-tropical rain, complete with electrical activity, huge thunder etc... very African.... I expect it'll rain during the night again tonight..well that's what the weathermen say...I don't mind that, as long as the days are sunny for top down driving...without flying jackets, Russian hats and or raincoats, sweaters etc etc ... :sunny
foud you :D
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Yep...one like that...The guy in the pic looks similar, but has more hair on his head!!! - but we can't all have perfect heads... :D
"Normal is overrated"

chrisp_1

M roadster S50

Post by chrisp_1 »

Just google perfect heads :lol: :lol: :lol:
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Thanks mate....reminds me of a bowling alley... :roflmao:
"Normal is overrated"

Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

.....some people on this forum are likely to derive some sadistic pleasure from the fact that it started raining around midnight last night, and.....yes, it's 7.30am and still coming down... :cry:
On the positive side, a good day to be doing the re-fitting etc of the Zed's interior... :D
"Normal is overrated"

Topperz

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Topperz »

Hi
It was a nice sunny winters day here in the midlands on Friday,off came the top and me n the wife went a nice drive out,heated seats and blowers on,it was awesome,made us both smile,it's what open top motoring is all about , :D
The only bad thing about owning a Z3 is bedtime .......boing!! time for bed said zebedee

Z3 cosmos black individual 2.0

X1 /MSport XDrive 2.0d mineral white
chrisp_1

M roadster S50

Post by chrisp_1 »

I must admit a crisp Autumn/Winter day is the best time for top down action. I tend not to open the top when it's really hot / sunny, I'm allergic being a Brit'. :D
Mint

blank

Post by Mint »

Topperz wrote:Hi
It was a nice sunny winters day here in the midlands on Friday,off came the top and me n the wife went a nice drive out,heated seats and blowers on,it was awesome,made us both smile,it's what open top motoring is all about , :D
Agreed - I did exactly the same, a great trip out on 'A' and 'B' roads. :)
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

I love these guys that aren't daunted by weather...Must say, it is a pleasure to take a drive - appropriately dressed - in the winter here too. I would really like to see a pic of PCSAM with flying jacket and Russian hat in his Z3... :shock:
"Normal is overrated"

PCSAM

blank

Post by PCSAM »

Southernboy wrote:I love these guys that aren't daunted by weather...Must say, it is a pleasure to take a drive - appropriately dressed - in the winter here too. I would really like to see a pic of PCSAM with flying jacket and Russian hat in his Z3... :shock:
ill see what I can do . but its still to warm for any of that clobber to be worn .... I even got Mrs pc a sheepskin jacket for the winter pleasure's :D she rejected the Russian hat idea .. :shock:
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Still to warm is it !! :D I reckon you've been living too far north for too long...the cold has damaged your thinking! :wink:
"Normal is overrated"

Topperz

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Topperz »

I purchased Mrs T a ladies animal trapper hat with fur bobbles before I picked the z up,she wondered what I was thinking of,but all soon became clear,
Luckily she loves it ..even in the winter.,all I hear is,,,,suns out shall we go for a drive....works for me :D
The only bad thing about owning a Z3 is bedtime .......boing!! time for bed said zebedee

Z3 cosmos black individual 2.0

X1 /MSport XDrive 2.0d mineral white