Hardknott Pass

Discussions on better road driving, advanced courses and the like
lowriderz3

Z3 roadster 2.8

Hardknott Pass

Post by lowriderz3 »

I went for a little drive with my wife last week over the Hardknott Pass .What an experience it must be one on the best roads in Britian. Has anybody else had a similar experience?
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: Hardknott Pass

Post by Robert T »

Have a look in the past events - we did a run over both Hardknot and Wrynose last year with about half a dozen zeds. Good fun and fantastic scenery.

Cheers R.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
Beemer Man

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Beemer Man »

We drove Wrynose and Hardknott Passes last Tuesday-our third such drive in the Zed in as many years. Prior to that we've driven it a few times in my wife's NA MX-5 1.8iS.
Always a great drive in either car.

Beemer Man.
Phil

M roadster S54

Post by Phil »

We had an annual Z event in the Lake District in the early years and did those passes every time. I think 22 Zs was the most we had on the drive. Anyone else remember these weekends?
Sapphire black/Imola red and black interior/ red roof/ S54 - the only RHD one made.

"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire."
pingu

M roadster S50

Post by pingu »

lowriderz3 wrote:I went for a little drive with my wife last week over the Hardknott Pass .What an experience it must be one on the best roads in Britian. Has anybody else had a similar experience?
The missus and I used to work at the hotel at the junction into Boot. We have many tales of journeys over Hardknott and Wrynose :shock: . Three point turns. Wheels going forward, but car going backwards. Walking in front in dense fog (<10ft visibility) with a torch directing the way. Chasing my boss to give him his keys and getting brake fade at 60mph going down Wrynose. Happy days :) .
Pingu
garyw

Porsche

Post by garyw »

lowriderz3 wrote:I went for a little drive with my wife last week over the Hardknott Pass .What an experience it must be one on the best roads in Britian. Has anybody else had a similar experience?
We did the Hardknott pass late last year and I felt that whilst it was pretty (even In the rain) it was one of the worst roads in Britain! :x
Certainly not one I plan to revisit that soon!

I don't remember it being that bad when I used to attend the vast Zed weekends in the Lakes.. now they were good times.. :D
6 pot roadster

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by 6 pot roadster »

I did the hardknott and wrynose passes some years ago on a road rally, we managed to average 30mph from Langdale to the Woolpack at night. A fantastic drivers road, It would be nice to do it by day some time.
lmrdave

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by lmrdave »

6 pot roadster wrote:I did the hardknott and wrynose passes some years ago on a road rally, we managed to average 30mph from Langdale to the Woolpack at night. A fantastic drivers road, It would be nice to do it by day some time.
Was that on the 'Westmorland'??
I had some fun up there in a Lada Riva! :D
1998 Z3 2.8 Arctic Silver
1991 Mazda MX5
1987 Nissan Silvia
Alfie
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Alfie »

Phil wrote:We had an annual Z event in the Lake District in the early years and did those passes every time. I think 22 Zs was the most we had on the drive. Anyone else remember these weekends?
:drive :thumb:

Awesome times....great memories.... 8-)
A.