Glad to see the site back up and running

Details of how to register as a zroadster.net user, plus tips on day-to-day usage
ZedMatt

Z3 roadster 2.0

Glad to see the site back up and running

Post by ZedMatt »

Hi guys and gals,

I've been a lurker for a few months whilst waiting to get my Z3. Now that the site's back I thought I'd say hi and introduce myself. My name's Matt, am 26 next month and live/ work in South London. I hope to get out and about on some meets round here once the baby is unleashed. :twisted: At the moment she's been standing in a garage for 10 months or so and is v dusty, dirty and needs some TLC. I'll get some pictures up later this week in the current guise.

If anyone can offer some tips on care after a while sitting they'll be appreciated. Will be checking the service history and may go for an oil service.

Thanks, :lol:

Matt
PaulW

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by PaulW »

welcome to the site, get her cleaned and out on the roads (when the weather calms down abit)
stu wrote:This was a quick car apparently - Yorkshire Run March '08
stu

Z3 roadster 2.8 supe

Post by stu »

Hi & Welcome Matt.
someone in a minority once wrote:I know I'm in a minority
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

The old fashioned way to recommission was to change the oil and oil filter, remove the spark plugs so that there is no compession and turn the ignition to the start position allowing the engine to turn over without resistance therefore allowing the new oil to circulate. I would also check the tyres, not good standing on the same section of tyre for so long.
It is also possible that the brakes may have stuck, especially handbrake if it was left on. Clutch plates can also stick.

Oops, where's my manners, welcome to the Forum Matt
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
shabsbmw

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by shabsbmw »

Hi Matt

and welcome to the mad house...... :lol: :lol:
What Zed have you got and what colour.... :wink: :wink:
I'm in Croydon quite alot, so if you ever see me and you are not in your Zed.....give me a wave.... :P :P

Shabs.... :wink:
Magnetic force
ZedMatt

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by ZedMatt »

Thanks everybody,

Ok shabs, if you see a nutter in a Polo waving at you, that'll be me :lol:

Cheers for the info gary :rtm: , handbrake was left off, but will check tyres etc., hopefully get her started and moving about today so will be taking some photos.