Heater blower problem !

Details of how to register as a zroadster.net user, plus tips on day-to-day usage
Elt

M roadster S50

Heater blower problem !

Post by Elt »

Hi has anyone had any problems withe their heater blower?, mine was working fine then last week I turned the blower on and found it only worked on number 4 :head: , does anyone have any ideas?
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Heater resistor pack has failed. See http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5334

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
Elt

M roadster S50

Post by Elt »

Great thanks for your help :D Hopefully get it sorted this week
Elt

M roadster S50

Heater Blower resistor

Post by Elt »

Update on my heater blower, I rang my local BMW dealership and ordered a resistor giving year and registration, I was told that they don't keep the part in stock so will have to order and take payment, fine I thought..... will ring when arrive... great :) , so checked the link that was posted on here on how to do the deed, simple!! :dunce: , got the phone call (parts arrived) collected part, I decided to tackle the job today as It's nice and sunny, problem 1 is the link was for a non aircon z3, (totally different), problem 2 was that BMW sent me the wrong part ! as mine has aircon, I thought they would have known it was an M model ?? anyway if you don't have aircon the part number is 64111375754, so yet another 30 mile round trip tomorrow. :head:
Elt

M roadster S50

Post by Elt »

Just a quick update on my heater saga part arrived today, fitted within 20 minutes, all working well appologys for the rant :roll:
mjt

Z3 coupe 3.0i

Post by mjt »

I replaced the resistor and mine's still playing up.

I'm going to replace the blower motor and be done with it.
However, the dealer reckons this is a dash-out job.
Surely the motor is accessible via the engine bay, like the resistor :?:
bobandshar

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: Heater Blower resistor

Post by bobandshar »

Elt wrote:anyway if you don't have aircon the part number is 64111375754
and if you do have aircon part no. 64111375755.

Friday: I phoned up my local bmw dealer this morning albeit 18 mile away and they can order the part in for me to collect next week. Found a bmw dealer online who was just slightly dearer including next working day delivery so I placed an order. Upon receiving the invoice via email it was showing an additional £5 low order fee before vat (not shown at the time of purchase) Rather disgruntled I phoned bmw up queried the additional cost, they informed me it is applied to all orders under £50, for which I could now get the part cheaper at my local dealer and cancelled. Back to square one :head: