Howdo all - new Zed owner & member

Details of how to register as a zroadster.net user, plus tips on day-to-day usage
tomh44

blank

Howdo all - new Zed owner & member

Post by tomh44 »

After buying a 2.0 Z3 (from daniz, on the stock exchange) last Friday, I thought it was probably time to say hi.

I had a fun jaunt back up the A1, from Lincolnshire to Fife, and after 350 miles or so am chuffed to have traded up from a Freelander, to a Zed. :lol:

The ability to accelerate quickly, and overtake was one I missed in the Land Rover. I was surprised though, when one chap deemed it appropriate to pull out into me, as I passed on a single carriage way section of the A1. Luckily I saw the movement, and put my foot down harder. Last I saw, he was straddling the middle line, preventing others behind him, from over taking. Mine came quite close, to being the shortest Z3 ownership in history :shock:.

My Dad's a forum member too, but I'll not 'out' him, lest he not want to be associated. :D
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re: Howdo all - new Zed owner & member

Post by Southernboy »

Good to have another member....You've just joined the best Zed forum on the planet...If you have time, you really want to read through some of the threads to get an idea of the humour and banter...It's worth every minute spent, brings loads of laughs, and also imparts sound knowledge which undoubtedly will stand you in good stead in future.
Barry
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
PCSAM

blank

Post by PCSAM »

welcome mate .we don't bite that hard really :D
nice car you got yourself
tomh44

blank

Post by tomh44 »

PCSAM wrote:welcome mate .we don't bite that hard really :D
nice car you got yourself
Thanks - after the long run, I agree wholeheartedly. It says something when you can drive 5 hours, then after taking a ten minute break to shower and change, insist on driving that eve when I taking the wife out for dinner. Couldn't wait to get back in the driver's seat! :lol:
You've just joined the best Zed forum on the planet
The forum (as well as my Dad) have been a great reference while I've been searching. I intend to read through and scour for info at some point. However in the short term I've to finish rennovating my house (or the wife'll kill me), and complete my PPL training, before getting my head stuck under the bonnet. I'm lucky to have someone else in the family, who can't wait to get his hands on it. :D
Z4-Lady

Z4 roadster 2.0i

Post by Z4-Lady »

tomh44 wrote:My Dad's a forum member too, but I'll not 'out' him, lest he not want to be associated. :D
Ah but you probably didn't not know that your Mum's a member now - just so I can keep an eye on what you two might be planning :D
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Awesome. A zed family. Welcome to the forum, Tom. I take it you will be coming to Newby?

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
Zed Carer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Zed Carer »

Hi and welcome to the forum / madhouse.

Looks like your new toy is still going OK as I haven't had any phone calls today :D
Hers: Z4 2.0i Sp --------------------- His: Z3 2.8
tomh44

blank

Post by tomh44 »

Robert T wrote:Awesome. A zed family. Welcome to the forum, Tom. I take it you will be coming to Newby?

Cheers R.
Thanks for the welcome - but unfortunately I don't think I'll be at Newby. I live some distance from the folks - 300 miles or so (they're in Yorkshire, I'm Fife, Scotia). Having managed to wangle the time to come and pick up the Z, I think it'll be a while before I'm allowed that far South in it again.

Well, until I get my new disks and pads ready to be fitted, eh Pops? :D

I'm sure I'll pop along to a meet at some point; but only when the bathroom and kitchen are finished up here! :lol:
peteslag

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by peteslag »

Welcome to the Forum. Nice part of the world Fife, I had 8 very happy years in a village called largoward.
Z3 3.0, Ford ST220, Jaguar XK8, Mr2 GT Turbo, Fiat Bravo HGT, Cavalier, Astra convertible, MK1 Astra GTE, XR3i, E21 323i, XR3, Cavalier, VW Jetta, Rover SDi, Capri 2.0S, Audi 80 GTE, another Cavalier, brown Astra van, Citroen GS Club (we all had to start somewhere).