RX8 to Z3

Details of how to register as a zroadster.net user, plus tips on day-to-day usage
RobGoldsmith

Z3 roadster 2.2i

RX8 to Z3

Post by RobGoldsmith »

Hey guys

My RX8 failed a compression test so I was forced to get a new car! I needed one fast and thus saw and bought a BMW Z3 2.2 Sport.

What can I expect to find different between the two cars? Will it be a big change?

I notice my bluetooth with Torque app will work so I am happy there! haha :)

Thanks and hi

Rob (UK, Devon)
luckycolourblue

M roadster S52

Re: RX8 to Z3

Post by luckycolourblue »

Lower fuel and oil bills!
Z3cade

M roadster S50

Post by Z3cade »

The biggest change will be you can now enjoy top down motoring!
///M Roadster - Evolve Stage 3
RobGoldsmith

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by RobGoldsmith »

Thanks for the replies guys!

Was fun chatting with everyone on the RX forums so I look forward to it here to!

Loving it so far however - WOW, what a lot of negative hairdresser comments though!
ribs

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by ribs »

Hi... just got shot of my RX-8 too, part exchanged against a brand new 3 series saloon sport (what a car that is.... smooth!!), I've had my Z3 for a few years now.
The two cars are totally different, but you won't be disappointed.

Did you notice any symptoms with your RX-8? All of a sudden mine developed a pronounced hesitation when you put your foot down and took a little longer cranking the engine before it would start.
It still accelerated well but it was almost as if it had turbo lag...lol. Not sure if this was due to the seals effecting the compression though, I was too frightened to get it tested.

Anyway, happy motoring, lets hope we get some sunny days to really enjoy it.

The Little Red Roadster
RobGoldsmith

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by RobGoldsmith »

The RX8 failed a compression test.

I know you shouldnt listen to other people but I loved the comments I got about my rex, everyone wanted to hear and see it! So annoyed that probably 75% of people that have seen thee Z3 have called me a hairdresser :(

I want to love the Z3! Shame every other person has a jibe at me for it! and it cost more than the RX8, doh! :(
Geoff H

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Geoff H »

RobGoldsmith wrote:I know you shouldnt listen to other people but I loved the comments I got about my rex, everyone wanted to hear and see it! So annoyed that probably 75% of people that have seen thee Z3 have called me a hairdresser :(
I want to love the Z3! Shame every other person has a jibe at me for it! and it cost more than the RX8, doh! :(
I've owned a Z now for many, many years now and have never once had that comment made to me
RobGoldsmith

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by RobGoldsmith »

Haha, obviously respect you more than me then haha :)