For Sale MY BMW Z3 1.9 £2500

Details of how to register as a zroadster.net user, plus tips on day-to-day usage
dev2008

Z3 roadster 1.9i

For Sale MY BMW Z3 1.9 £2500

Post by dev2008 »

Comes with leather tonneau cover and genuine BMW mesh wind deflector, Has full 12months MOT which it flew through last week, has new brake discs and pads fitted all round, tyres are nearly new. Well looked after, drives A1, genuine reason for sale £3600

[imghttp://i1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj587/richardev2008/DSC01620.jpg][/img]
Last edited by dev2008 on Thu 21 Mar, 2013 18:09, edited 4 times in total.
mrwhippy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re: My New BMW Z3 1.9

Post by mrwhippy »

Welcome to the forum. Your Z3 looks to be a well looked after example.

I notice the car hasn't got OEM Roll Hoops fitted, so this may be one mod you could consider doing. It is a time-consuming job but not a very difficult one to do. I did this to my previous Z3. The hardest part can be finding all the necessary parts for a reasonable price, but for me this was part of the fun. Search the forum, there are a number of good threads about this mod.

With 'subtle' in mind, you could change your indicator bulbs to the chrome type to remove the orange glow from your clear indicators. Another easy mod is replacing the aerial with the stubby sports type, although this may adversely effect radio reception. A common interior mod is to fit a short shift gear knob.

Be warned - the more you read the forum and the more pictures of members cars you see, the more you will want to do. Give it 12 months and you will have 18" wheels, lowering springs & a sports exhaust :lol:
PCSAM

blank

Post by PCSAM »

nice looking car ....... looks in great condition mate ........
first enjoy it a bit before you start spending on it .......... new wheels would give it the instant change :D
dev2008

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by dev2008 »

thanks for the input guys

Ye the car is in good condition although a few surface marks here and there nothing major or noticeable, due to go on holidays in july but when i come back the car will be booked in to be fully detailed in Newport, a place called Ti22. He quoted me a price of £295 which i thought was a really good price :)

No the car hasnt got OEM roll bars :( which is strange because it should have for the year of the car shouldnt it? :roll: i have looked high and low for the roll bars, i thought i might be better off getting the whole unit that goes behind the seats etc which the roll bars attach onto which includes the speakers. This will be easier to fit? i may be wrong however haha
With the aerial i want to change the base as well as mine has gone a little grubby, are these easy to get hold of? i would like a genuine one so does anyone know if any of the bmw series fits this?
i know modifications can get out of hand and too much can spoil the look of a car.

i was looking at angel headlights, xenon upgrades to the lights, pressed metal number plates for now so if anyone knows of anyone selling these or best place to get them, could you please let me know :)

Thanks
Richard
g8jka
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by g8jka »

Great looking car, looks in very good condition 8-)

I brought some pressed metal plates for mine recently from here. They were the cheapest I could find and are excellent items, the seller is also super fast in producing and posting them.
2000 BMW Z3 2.8 Titanium Silver Roadster with too many mods to list :-D :drive
Click For 2.0 Progress Journal
Click For 2.8 Progress Journal
lebigmec

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by lebigmec »

Welcome to the forum Richard, you've got a nice looking car there. I've got the same 1.9i model, with the chrome pack, like yours, but my car is grey.
You'll find that it's normal that you don't have roll hoops as standard on a 1.9i M43, they were only standard on the 6 cyl models, but an option on ours.
I've kept my car fairly as standard too, but have done a few little mods. The first thing I'd do to yours would be to fit some OEM front Fog Lights. Really easy job to do, there's an excellent thread on here to show you how.
I also fitted a BMW stubby aerial to mine too, as I just liked the look. There are others that will fit, but the radio reception suffers. I found that the BMW one performs well.
Will we be seeing you at the Z fest in Silverstone in July?
Enjoy your car..
Trayton
dev2008

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by dev2008 »

Cheers for that information mate, that clears up why it hasnt got them, and seem to be like gold dust to get hold of some with the parcel shelf and turrets i need etc. :( I will definitely be fitting some fogs as it will set the front off. Ive ordered the bmw stubby aerial as i know from past cars that aftermarket stubby aerials have a poor reception, you got any pictures of your car?
I wont be attending the Z fest this year im afraid as im on holidays :( hope to attend one soon though :)
Richard
dev2008

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by dev2008 »

after the car has been in the garage since the last post :( due to over heating, and blowing 2 radiators the source of the problem was finally found after having the whole of the cooling system changed as well as having the head, tested and skimmed,
The zed is now back on the road :)

Couple of pictures from the road trip we went on today :)
Sp1key

Z4 coupe 3.0si

Post by Sp1key »

Great pics, your car is lookin really good
chrisp_1

M roadster S50

Post by chrisp_1 »

Nice looking car there buddy and great pics - not sure I'd put mine that close to a drink though just incase a flash flood washed it down stream :roll:

Most of the above comments echo my thoughts, BMW short shift gear knobs are available from £45 upwards, some peeps refer to them as ZHP knobs? but its called 'heavy version' by BMW, part number 25117896031.

I'd also look at getting some deep dish wheels like the m-roadster as i think they're great - wonder why :D
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

I thought this was a BMW forum, not a Ford forum. :lol:

Great car and nice pics. Black cars really do look good in low light. :)

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Nice wheels!!
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
Pistol968

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Pistol968 »

Great looking car!

Gosh your roads get very wet in Wales though...
dev2008

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by dev2008 »

after installing fog lights, roll bars etc today was the only chance ive had due to the crap weather we experience in wales to clean the car :) so took a couple of pictures :)

want the car detailed
paint the brake callipers
and want to find ways how to integrate my road angel and satnav into the car permanently, maybe hardwire them in so theyre on all the time :)

dev2008

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Re: For Sale MY BMW Z3 1.9 £3600

Post by dev2008 »

Hope to have some feedback on this
dev2008

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Re: For Sale MY BMW Z3 1.9 £2500

Post by dev2008 »

reduced to £2500
mjgerrard

Z4 coupe 3.0si

Re: For Sale MY BMW Z3 1.9 £2500

Post by mjgerrard »

Mmm lovely pics. I am already thinking ahead to the Welsh Rally!