Another newbie

Details of how to register as a zroadster.net user, plus tips on day-to-day usage
gedo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Another newbie

Post by gedo »

Hi all,

Thought I'd best say hello as I've already started to pester people in threads and via PM's !

Just bought an Artic Silver 1998 Z3 2.8 as a weekend plaything and have already started working on my list of things to do :

Remove Clifford Concept 500 alarm - booked to get this done on the 13th Aug as it's beyond my auto-electrician skills and is a nightmare job by all accounts
Fit wind deflector - sourced on ebay once I established that my car already had the fixing brackets installed
Replace AC Schnitzer bonnect badge with std BMW badge - completed this evening - anyone wanting the old badge then let me know and you can have it for the price of the P&P (also posted within Stock Exchange)
Clean driver seat and touch up worn leather - Ordered liquid leather scuff kit on Tuesday so hopefully will be here by the weekend
Aquire private plate for car - Bought G3DOS from DVLA at the weekend so just waiting on the paperwork so I can transfer to car.
the list goes on and I'll start my own thread to post my progress in words and pictures

Will post some pictures of my car at the weekend as I'd love to identify the wheels on it. They were the primary reason I bought it as it was love at 1st sight !

I'm already lovin' this forum as it's given me loads of ideas, tips and answers to my questions. Perfect example is that in the short time I have been driving the car I felt that the seat was moving slightly. Put it down to my imagination but on browsing the forum I can see that this is a commom problem, easily rectified with parts available here...Perfect !

My other car is a '12 plate Audi A7 3.0 Tdi S-Line and my only previous BMW experience is a '05 X3 2.0 which I leased for 2 years. Really liked the X3 and was sad to see it go so hopefully my Z3 experience will be equally enjoyable.
Zed Carer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: Another newbie

Post by Zed Carer »

Hi and Welcome

Nice choice of colour and engine - not that we're biased in anyway :D
Hers: Z4 2.0i Sp --------------------- His: Z3 2.8
Z3cade

M roadster S50

Post by Z3cade »

:wave
///M Roadster - Evolve Stage 3
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

Hi Gedo, welcome on board.

Shame about the Audi but the problem can be resolved in time :twisted: . Still you have the Z3 now for driving fun :D
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
Jamezee

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Jamezee »

Welcome, Zilver is best :)
Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one. Harry Callahan.

BMW dust caps x 4 (replica)
Little Tree Air Freshener-Vanillaroma (now worn out and in the bin)
2006 AA road atlas (with the latest safety cameras)
Cloz

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Cloz »

Hi and welcome from the other side of the pound
Jamezee wrote: Zilver is best :)
You forgot to say after blue :lol:
Bonzo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Bonzo »

Of course, Montreal Blue that is! :thumb:

Bonzo.
Z3lda (Zelda), 1998 2.8, Montreal Blue, Beige Oregon leather interior and M steering wheel, Sports Seats, Wood trim, Chrome Line Interior, Centre armrest with Cupholder, Alpina Softline wheels, Chromed Angel Eyes, De- tango'd, Rear stone guards, Sport aerial, ASC front strut brace, Strong Strut Butt Strut and Body Brace, Uprated brake fluid, Yellowstuff pads 78k.