Hey fellow Z'ers....

Details of how to register as a zroadster.net user, plus tips on day-to-day usage
M@r]{

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Hey fellow Z'ers....

Post by M@r]{ »

Just thought I'd be polite and say a quick hello before I start driving you all up the wall with all my questions :?

My current driveway would give the impression I'm a BMW fanatic, but I'm not really. We bought our first BMW less than a year ago, sought of took off from there really :)

Anyway I've just taken a deposit on my Z4M Coupe. As well as using the money to pay of some credit cards I'm also hoping to buy myself a 'fun' drift car. (I used to compete but deciding to hang up my race boots and just do it for fun) At the moment I'm leaning towards getting a z3, but I'm also considering an SLK and an S2000. Just need to work out which one is going to be best for the job out of the box and not require me to spend silly money on getting it 'suitable'

So, hey people, hope you're having a good Friday and look forward to seeing what this forum is all about. (hope its a good one and help make the decision to get a Z3 even easier :) )

Oh and here are a few pics of the current fleet:

2006 Lotus Exige S
2006 535d M-Sport Touring (the Missus car)
XVar

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: Hey fellow Z'ers....

Post by XVar »

Welcome to the forum, nice cars you've got there! I've always wanted to have a go at drifting, haven't had the Z at a suitable track to do so though - good to know we've got some knowledge on the subject joining us. I'm not too sure about what else makes a good drift car but an LSD (in the 2.8, not sure about other variants) and rear wheel drive seems like a good start :D

Edit: Woooo 300th post! :squeeze:
1997 2.8 Z3 | Gallery Thread
M@r]{

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by M@r]{ »

Thanks for the welcome:)

So the 2.8 has LSD as standard? How about the 3.0?
2006 Lotus Exige S
2006 535d M-Sport Touring (the Missus car)
XVar

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by XVar »

I'm not sure but I believe all 6 cylinder models were fitted with a 25% Torsen diff, although there's some debate over whether all the very early 2.8s had them. There's an easy way to find out though, it'll be on the options list for the car which can be viewed by following this guide:

http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... =5&t=34505

All you need is the VIN number of any potential car you're looking at buying and you can find exactly what it came out of the factory with, the LSD is listed as "differential lock 25% on the options list.
1997 2.8 Z3 | Gallery Thread