Hi everybody!

Details of how to register as a zroadster.net user, plus tips on day-to-day usage
afernan10

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Hi everybody!

Post by afernan10 »

Hi folks,

Allow me to introduce myself as I am new to the forum. Name is Antonio and live 25 km NW from downtown Madrid in the nearby sierra. First I would like to say that I am most grateful to the membership of this forum as I have enjoyed and learnt a lot reading the posts here and of course was really inspired with the images of the well cared beauties shown here.

I felled in love with the Z3 when the car was launched back in 1996, however till very recently I had other priorities :( The good news is that since a few days ago and after a long due diligence process I am the happy owner of Zeddie a 1.9i Z3 roadster built in August 2000 with 105.000km (65.000 miles) in the clock. These are the options: Topasblau Metallic (364), Topasblau/Schwarz Chamaleon leather sport seats with Schwarz interior (V3PB). Roll over bars (395). Fog Lights (520). Hardtop (982). Green stripe windscreen (354). 17 inch alloy wheels with 215/45 R17 tires. SONY CDX GT-200S CD Player/Tuner.

So far all I have done is detailing the car and also had the four shocks replaced with a new KYB set.I still have to work in some areas: there is an oil leak in the front part of the engine (probably the front crank seal), the hood needs some attention and the rear “soft window” has to be replaced. Other projects include getting some original 17’ wheels, as the ones currently fitted are very poor quality fake wheels.

Here are some pics I took at home last weekend after the first detailing job was over. Contrary to most images shown here, Zeddie has the steering wheel in the “other side” :)

Cheers,

antonio

p.s. hope I am doing rigth the photo links

Gazza

M roadster S54

Re: Hi everybody!

Post by Gazza »

Welcome to the Forum Antonio :)
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

Welcome to the forum.

Madrid is one of my favourite cities in the world :D

The car looks great with room to make it your own. I agree with you about the wheels, OEM 17 inch wheels would suit the car much better.

And pictures always look soooooo much better in the Spanish sun :sunny
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
billi

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by billi »

Welcome to the Forum Antonio :) and a BIG hi from wales :wave the Z looks great .
PCSAM

blank

Post by PCSAM »

lovely car my friend . welcome ............ :D
Cloz

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Cloz »

Hi Antonio,
A nice welcome from Canada.
Such a nice color :thumb:

P.S. Leaving for Spain next October.
Captain

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Captain »

Hi Antonio, welcome to the forum your car looks great, as you say the wheels need to be changed. :)
ImageImage
billz

Z4 roadster 3.0si

Post by billz »

A big welcome from me tooo. I am down in Javea on the Costa Blanca with our zed at the moment on holiday, was up in Jaca on Friday 38 degrees taking it through the Alps at the weekend.
bill
Image ImageImageUploaded with ImageShack.com
Z3 3.0 Sports Sold
Z4 3.0si Ruby Black with Champagne Leather and Piano Black Dash
afernan10

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by afernan10 »

Thank you all for the warm welcome!!!
The road to rejuvenate Zeddie and treat her as she deserves starts here, I look forward to your help and support.
And for those coming or passing by Madrid, remenber you have a fellow Zedder just in case :D
cheers,
antonio