Newb in North London

Details of how to register as a zroadster.net user, plus tips on day-to-day usage
Keefboz

Z3 roadster 2.8

Newb in North London

Post by Keefboz »

Hello all!

So i recently bought a S14a and then subsequently put it into a guard rail a month later. It was deemed a write off and I began looking for something small and fun to get around in, for relatively cheap and thats when the Z3 started showing itself to me. One came up in the color and engine configuration I wanted this week and I jumped on it!

I also own a Dodge Magnum and a modified 95 Audi S6.

I don't plan on any huge mods, but I do want some nice wheels (and have spotted some on this forum I am going to try and pick up). I also want to get the front strut brace, but can't seem to find the one everybody is recommending on these forums (e-tec). I will continue looking though and am sure something will come up.

Going to wash her inside and out and get pics up, but here are the stats..

Black
80k miles
<2k
"Drive it like you stole it.... then pay your tickets"
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re: Newb in North London

Post by Southernboy »

Welcome to the "Z"aney forum, where it is mostly fun, mostly useful and mostly the best. The "Strongstrut" is what you want, and there is one currently on eBay - UK for sale. Search under "Z3 Roadster"
Hope this helps....Look forward to seeing your Zed......
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
Keefboz

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Keefboz »

Thanks!

So i washed and waxed the old girl and found out the paint is in pretty rough condition in a lot of areas, also there is a lot of tape holding the right wing mirror on, so i might have to pick up one of those.

I had a nice rifle through the FAQ and how to's and will do so again, but at 80k miles do you all think its time to do the spark plugs or anything else? The lady before kept up with oil changes etc, but it looks like its been a while since it has had a proper servicing. I plan to do most of the work myself in my garage, so we will see how that goes. :lol:

Here she is....

Del

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Del »

80K is not high mileage at all. If it was mine and there was a question over whether servicing had been kept up to date, i would work my way through all the usual things eg nice new oil/filter, plugs, air filter, check brakes/pads, change brake fluid & coolant.
Keefboz

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Keefboz »

Yeh, that sounds like a plan, I already checked levels (coolant) but didn't check the condition. The filter looks ok, and i will get some new brakes just for the hell of it.

Gonna pick up a jack and stands this week and start getting to it, pretty excited!
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Take your time with the parts aquisitions...they are sometimes pricey, and sometimes not...patience is the keyword. Best first move is a "WANTED" on the forum...use the Stock Exchange" page...the members tend to help each other price wise etc...
Good looking ride...!!!
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
Keefboz

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Keefboz »

Good advice and i fully intend to take it! :)