Ciao guys!

Details of how to register as a zroadster.net user, plus tips on day-to-day usage
sankunen

Z3 roadster 2.8

Ciao guys!

Post by sankunen »

Hi all,

I'm Luigi and write from Italy.
I've just joined this community and want to introduce me and my Z :D
I'm 40 and now own my second Z3. First one was a 1998 1.9 Silver with red leather interiors, the actual one is a 1998 2.8 Boston Green with beige leather interiors.
Between those two Z I've owned a convertible M3 1996 3.2 liters (same colours of the 2.8 Z3) and a 320is (a special italian E30 version with Motorsport engine).
I'm in love with this car and am always looking around for people with the same passion.

I live close to the Garda lake, in the north of Italy, and often meet some tourists driving a Z, also coming from UK (that strange place where people drive righthand :D ).

Here are some pics:
1) the old Z3
2) the old M3
3) the old 320is
4) the actual Z3
Here with the sisters :D
Gazza

M roadster S54

Re: Ciao guys!

Post by Gazza »

Welcome to the Forum :D
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Nice Zed, don't often see green hoods, I like :)

Tim.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
Del

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Del »

Ciao Luigi – I think you qualify as a BMW addict. I also like your green car and the green roof.
///M_aniac
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by ///M_aniac »

Welcome to the forum. Lovely Zeds. I am a fan of the green roof, but I must say your old 320is has caught most of my attention. :D

Do you have more photos of it, especially the S14? Such a cool and rare car. 8-)
BMW Z3, the only way to build a true roadster

Image - The most powerful letter in the world.
Cloz wrote:There is something that will never change is my love for Z3
smartypants wrote:Conor?

With an M??

The World's gone mad :D
smartypants wrote:The Z3 rear is a great thing to behold ;)
Radlitt

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Radlitt »

Welcome to the forum luigi and a big hello from me too.

Jeremy
Captain

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Captain »

Welcome Luigi, some nice cars, the Zed looks good.

Sent from my HTC Desire
ImageImage
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Ciao Luigi...Welcome to the "Z"oo.... That's a really lovely part of Italy where you live...and good Z driving country...
Barry
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
the_youth

M roadster S50

Post by the_youth »

Welcome!

Loving the zeds. But have to say that the 320is is by far my favourite. I used to have 1 exactly the same. One of the biggest regrets in my life was selling it a few years ago. Such a special rare car.
sankunen

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by sankunen »

Thanks to all of you guys for welcoming me into this forum :D
And thanks for your appreciation of my car(s)!

The hood was initially in Beige but a burglar did use a knife in order to open the car and stole a netbook and so ... bad story :evil: So now it's in Green.

About the S14...yes I do have many photos ///M_aniac...it is really a great car and it was just like new since it had only 45k km on but I never fell in love with it...
here are some (don't want to go OT):
Here in a meeting
At high speed
Due to overtake a very heavy Mustang

Interiors
Exteriors
Engine
PCSAM

blank

Post by PCSAM »

nice zed . the green hood is really smart ....
I to started with a 1.9 and moved up to the 3.0i :D
stu

Z3 roadster 2.8 supe

Post by stu »

Ciao

I like your BG Z3. Also a fan of your BMW history.

We have a place in Bagni Di Lucca, but haven't yet managed to take our Z3 there for any of our holidays as we usually have to have a family car in Italy. We see lots of Z3's in Italy and always want to wave or stop and talk, but know how stupid we'd look turning up in a 4x4.

One day, hopefully next year, I will take the Z over and will go the 'long way' into Italy, but will probably go for the Col D'Iseran or Col De Turini in that car. In the Lakes region it get very busy and there's lots of traffic, so not quite as much fun when you want to enjoy the performance.

Welcome to ZR.
someone in a minority once wrote:I know I'm in a minority
Bonzo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Bonzo »

Hi Luigi, 2.8's rule! Love your wheels, bit like my Alpina Softlines. We have the same Beige/tan leather interior, which I think is very classy and understated.

Cheers, Bonzo.
Z3lda (Zelda), 1998 2.8, Montreal Blue, Beige Oregon leather interior and M steering wheel, Sports Seats, Wood trim, Chrome Line Interior, Centre armrest with Cupholder, Alpina Softline wheels, Chromed Angel Eyes, De- tango'd, Rear stone guards, Sport aerial, ASC front strut brace, Strong Strut Butt Strut and Body Brace, Uprated brake fluid, Yellowstuff pads 78k.
///M_aniac
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by ///M_aniac »

Thank you so much for sharing those 320is photos. Seeing the old dash, instrumentation, interior and the S14 was delightful. 8-) I love e30s, and those photos did my heart good. :P
BMW Z3, the only way to build a true roadster

Image - The most powerful letter in the world.
Cloz wrote:There is something that will never change is my love for Z3
smartypants wrote:Conor?

With an M??

The World's gone mad :D
smartypants wrote:The Z3 rear is a great thing to behold ;)
sankunen

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by sankunen »

stu wrote:Ciao

I like your BG Z3. Also a fan of your BMW history.

We have a place in Bagni Di Lucca, but haven't yet managed to take our Z3 there for any of our holidays as we usually have to have a family car in Italy. We see lots of Z3's in Italy and always want to wave or stop and talk, but know how stupid we'd look turning up in a 4x4.

One day, hopefully next year, I will take the Z over and will go the 'long way' into Italy, but will probably go for the Col D'Iseran or Col De Turini in that car. In the Lakes region it get very busy and there's lots of traffic, so not quite as much fun when you want to enjoy the performance.

Welcome to ZR.
Tuscany is one of the most beautiful places in the world (I've lived there for 12 years) and I really wish you to go there topdown and enjoy the landscape and the turns :thumb: :drive
Bonzo wrote:Hi Luigi, 2.8's rule! Love your wheels, bit like my Alpina Softlines. We have the same Beige/tan leather interior, which I think is very classy and understated.

Cheers, Bonzo.
Thanks Bonzo, your rims are much better than mine imho :)

@//M_aniac: I've just discovered that my old 320is is for sale in Bari: http://www.autoscout24.it/Details.aspx? ... 4040000000
Still in stunning conditions :dunce:
Radlitt

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Radlitt »

I once worked near Cecina, and one day plan to take my Z back for holiday, beautiful roads, food and scenery.

Jeremy
sankunen

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by sankunen »

Radlitt wrote:I once worked near Cecina, and one day plan to take my Z back for holiday, beautiful roads, food and scenery.

Jeremy
My ex wife is from Cecina...small world!
Were you working at Siemens?
resunoiz

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by resunoiz »

cIaO :D
Radlitt

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Radlitt »

sankunen wrote:
Radlitt wrote:I once worked near Cecina, and one day plan to take my Z back for holiday, beautiful roads, food and scenery.

Jeremy
My ex wife is from Cecina...small world!
Were you working at Siemens?
No, I was an area supervisor for a British campng holiday company, covering Punta Sabbioni & Chioggia (Venice), Camping Village Montescudaio (Cecina) to sites in Albenga and the French Riviera.
After Italy I worked for the same company in Spain and most of the French coast.

I did this for four years after leaving University (30 years ago)

Jeremy